Windows 10: Windows Live Mail missing attachment

Discus and support Windows Live Mail missing attachment in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by georgec, Apr 21, 2016.

1. georgec Win User

Windows Live Mail missing attachment

I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in WLM. It was there on webmail (Virginmedia) and when I forwarded it from there to myself it came through on WLM. Other mail with attachments have been OK. I have gone through my Safety Options and made sure the "Do not allow attachments ..." was cleared and added the contact to the Safe Sender list but still no attachment. Is there anything else I can try???

:)

georgec, Apr 21, 2016

2. Windows fax and scan not working on Windows 10

I thought my question was "I cannot scan from Windows Fax & Scan to windows live mail". When I was using Thunderbird for email I could scan attachments directly into an email, write the email, send it with attachments. How do I set up Fax & Scan to send
    the scan to Windows Live Mail. Sorry if my question miss led you.

Reg

RegKeeping, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Ted Dafoe Win User
    setting association for sending photos in mail

I used to use Live Mail but with Windows 10 am trying Mail. I have uninstalled Live Mail and set all defaults to Mail in the control panel. Mail seems to work fine, but when I go to try and attach photos from either explorer or from the photo viewer it goes
    through the attaching proceed then gives a pop up screen saying "there is no email program to perform the requested action. If one is installed got and create an association in the default programs control panel." I have gone through the file associations
    as well as the protocols and Mail is set as the default in several but cannot determine what is missing here.

Ideas? Thanks

Ted Dafoe, Apr 21, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

I've had the same issue. Someone send me something to view this weekend and I couldn't get the attachment to show. Had to have the person send it to my other email account to view it.

lmaneke, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail missing attachment - Similar Threads - Live Mail missing

2. Windows Live Mail = Problem with MP 4 attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail = Problem with MP 4 attachments: I receive e-mail with attachments that are in MP 4 format. When I open the attachments the video is scrambled and the audio is poor. I receive the attachments from different people. Is there a fix for this?...
  3. Mail attachments

Mail attachments: When trying to open catalogue attachment to auction mail received, it won't open and an icon appears which is a YELLOW SQUARE WITH MONKEY HEAD INSIDE and click1x1. What is this. Seems to be only happening since MICROSOFT EDGE format change recently....
  4. No Attachment in mail

No Attachment in mail: I tried to send an Email with a picture attached. the email comes but the attachment is not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-attachment-in-mail/2ee517d7-6bd3-48d0-92cc-7e47bc8b6ab9
  5. Missing folders within Windows Live Mail

Missing folders within Windows Live Mail: After updates, folders in WLM disappear. I have restored them before but nothing is working this time. The solution Compact View - clicking on the green plus sign does not work. I cannot find WLM in file explorer or through %app....% Please advise only for W 10 and WLM as...
  6. Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why?: I have received an email with secured encrypted PDF attachment. I can see that correctly in every other client web GMail, Outlook, Outlook for Android, only Windows Mail app doesn't show the attachment nor any error. This is very confusing!! The app makes me believe there...
  7. Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs: I very recently upgraded from W7 to W10. I still have Windows Live Mail as my mail application. I also recently tried to save several PDF attachments from an email to a folder on an internal RAID 1 array. For some reason when I attempt to open those files whose icons show...
  8. email attachment deactivated in windows live mail

email attachment deactivated in windows live mail: email attachment deactivated in windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment-deactivated-in-windows-live-mail/3192138b-9350-49f3-a707-c33665e2cb27"
  9. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  10. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493