Windows 10: Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

Discus and support Windows Live Mail restarts after closing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by curt jugg, Sep 29, 2017.

1. curt jugg Win User

Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within seconds. If she then closes it again it stays closed. When I close Windows Live Mail I do not have this problem.

I have tried repairing all Windows Essentials programs but this hasn't helped. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to put this right.

:)

curt jugg, Sep 29, 2017

2. Live mail stops working

in windows 10, live email stopped working after I selected a saved email and now stops working every time I select the email with a message saying live mail did not shut down properly and will close. On restarting, live mail stops working after I select
    saved email with message that live email did not shut down properly and will close. Live email stops working (again) and again and again) after selecting saved email with message appearing that live mail did not shut down properly and will close. again and
    again and again etc etc

Charlie1Graham, Sep 29, 2017
  3. P.J.N Win User
    windows live mail 2012 keeps restarting after closing

Many thanks for your prompt reply, but as you will see from my question I tried the repair tool several times, but had no success

PJN

P.J.N, Sep 29, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Just use Windows 10's Mail app.
    Microsoft killed off everything Windows Live like 5 years ago.

BRKKAB, Sep 29, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Hi,
    Windows Live Mail 2012 from Windows Essentials is no longer supported. I'm afraid you will just have to move on to another application.

Windows 10 comes with the Mail App, so set that up whilst looking around for another suitable application.

Helmut, Sep 30, 2017
  6. curt jugg Win User
    Thanks for the replies. I realise that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported, but I was hoping that someone might know a way to rectify the automatic-restarting problem.

curt jugg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail restarts after closing - Similar Threads - Live Mail restarts

2. Live mail after the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  3. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  5. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  6. Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live mail: E-Mails that I have put in folders on my windows live mail have moved back into the in box as unread. Does anyone have any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/0e4c4edf-6f0a-4976-adf6-b1aec9d0233c
  7. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  8. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  9. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c
  10. Windows Live Mail Won't Close

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Won't Close: I've always used windows live mail as i never liked the one that comes with win 8 or 10. For some reason i can't get Windows Live Mail to close right in windows 10. When i click on the icon it opens fine and downloads my incoming mail but when i click close it doesn't close...