Windows 10: Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Windows Live Mail, and every time I create a category in my contacts, add 25 names, I come back to find that it has been deleted. Is there a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carol TOPS, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Windows Live Mail

I use Windows Live Mail, and every time I create a category in my contacts, add 25 names, I come back to find that it has been deleted. Is there a limit to the amount of contacts it holds? Can someone please direct me on how to permanently save a category?

:)

Carol TOPS, Feb 25, 2016

2. Email (Mail) on Windows 10?

Windows Live Mail does not look like the Mail App and it shouldn't. You said the new Windows Live Mail doesn't look like the current Windows Live Mail which confused me since it isn't Windows Live Mail.

What is the issue with the Windows Live Mail that you just installed?

Bruce Hagen, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Switch from Windows 10 mail to windows live mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail but gave Windows 10 mail a try and do not like it. Now I need to change back to Windows Live Mail. Every time I open Windows Live Mail it closes with "Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working".

Is this because W10 mail is designated as my mail program?

All I want to do is turn off W10 mail and use Live mail which I have already installed.

Thanks

beauchamp43, Feb 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Live Mail

I cannot tell you why WLM does not retain the contacts you added to your group (category).

I can fill in a few blanks about " Is there a limit to the amount of contacts it holds ?"

WLM is an email client. It does not set limits.
    Limits are set by the email servers, such as Outlook.com (aka Hotmail.com ).

Technically, there is no limit how many contacts are allowed in each category.
    However, the email server does set limit on # of emails an account owner can send each day.
    1 contact = 1 email.
    Supposing your email server set your limit to 50 emails per day.
    Example 1:
    If you send a group email which consists of 50 contacts, you have sent 50 emails. You have used up the daily limit.
    Example 2:
    If you try to send a group email of 51 contacts, it won't get sent. Your limit is 50.

So, you will need to contact your email server and ask about the limit.

As to how email servers set limits......................

A new account gets the lowest limit until the account has built up the reputation. Then limit will increase.
    If an account has good standing without being flagged as spamming etc, then it will get higher limit.

It goes without saying that don't have a category with more contacts than your daily emails limit.

davidhk, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Windows Live Mail

1. Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Live Mail

2. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  3. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  6. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  7. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  8. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  9. I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.: I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send. Help!! I have an obligation today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-windows-live-mail-for-30-years-today-it/b305c1d0-f830-4736-8d32-04dbb8423cb1
  10. I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.

I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.: I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send. Help!! I have an obligation today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-windows-live-mail-for-30-years-today-it/b305c1d0-f830-4736-8d32-04dbb8423cb1