Windows 10: windows live mail

Discus and support windows live mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I have just put windows live mail into my new laptop BUT...... it will not let me send or forward any emails, all settings are correct when I try... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by silverwing65, Jul 20, 2017.

1. windows live mail

Hi
    I have just put windows live mail into my new laptop BUT......
    it will not let me send or forward any emails, all settings are correct when I try to send or forward this appears
    windows live mail [​IMG]
    hope you can see it

any help will be appreceated

Regards

:)

silverwing65, Jul 20, 2017

2. Email (Mail) on Windows 10?

Windows Live Mail does not look like the Mail App and it shouldn't. You said the new Windows Live Mail doesn't look like the current Windows Live Mail which confused me since it isn't Windows Live Mail.

What is the issue with the Windows Live Mail that you just installed?

Bruce Hagen, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Switch from Windows 10 mail to windows live mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail but gave Windows 10 mail a try and do not like it. Now I need to change back to Windows Live Mail. Every time I open Windows Live Mail it closes with "Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working".

Is this because W10 mail is designated as my mail program?

All I want to do is turn off W10 mail and use Live mail which I have already installed.

Thanks

beauchamp43, Jul 20, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

windows live mail

If you're talking about Windows Live Mail 2012, it's life cycle ended. There are many threads here on alternative email clients.

mrgeek, Jul 20, 2017
  5. I like this one it worked well on my other laptop running win 10

silverwing65, Jul 20, 2017
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    Since Microsoft is no longer guaranteeing that WLM and the other Windows Live programs (including Windows Live Writer) will function under the latest branches of W10 as a service, then your preference is irrelevant. (Cue the Borg music)

Additionally, if you had wanted to use this to connect to Outlook.com (Hotmail.com, etc.), you're also out of luck because MS killed WLM's connectivity protocol.

Now, to the specific error message you displayed: It would seem that not all required Windows Live components have been installed. WLM is making a function call to a Windows Live Writer Localization component that it couldn't find. If you can locate a COMPLETE executable install of Windows Live (MS no longer allows d/l's), you might try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.

gpstoloff, Jul 20, 2017
  7. Thank you I will try that, this program was working well on my other computer running windows 10 Home but it was a 32bit where this is a 64bit, don't know if that makes any difference

regards

silverwing65, Jul 21, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

windows live mail

Windows Live Mail 2012 is no longer supported, you have to move on.

The alternative in Windows 10 is the Mail App and People App.
    You can set that up whilst looking for something else.

WLM 2012 has not worked well for about a year on a couple of free Email Accounts including Outlook Mail. I used it for 6 Email Accounts on Windows 10. I uninstalled it several months ago.

Helmut, Jul 21, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    WLM will still work. Outlook has to be set up as IMAP instead of POP for it to work. It works on Outlook, Gmail and other mail accounts as well. Whether it is the best idea to use it, is another story.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows live mail

1. windows live mail - Similar Threads - live mail

2. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  3. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  6. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  7. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  8. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  9. I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.: I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send. Help!! I have an obligation today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-windows-live-mail-for-30-years-today-it/b305c1d0-f830-4736-8d32-04dbb8423cb1
  10. I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.

I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.: I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send. Help!! I have an obligation today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-windows-live-mail-for-30-years-today-it/b305c1d0-f830-4736-8d32-04dbb8423cb1