Windows 10: Windows Lock screen background

Discus and support Windows Lock screen background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In PERSONALISATION I have the Lock Screen background set to 'Windows spotlight' but I just get the standard background looking out of a cave at two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by machare, May 21, 2016.

1. machare Win User

Windows Lock screen background

In PERSONALISATION I have the Lock Screen background set to 'Windows spotlight' but I just get the standard background looking out of a cave at two rocks in the sea. Why don't I get the changing backgrounds that I have to 'Like'?

I did find the pictures themselves with long file names in a c:\users sub directory.

:)

machare, May 21, 2016

2. Black lock screen

Using latest Windows 10 (ver 1607 14393.187) 64bit. Using Windows Spotlight for Lock screen.

If "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is off, lock screen has background picture, sign-in does not; this is correct.

If it is on, then lock screen background is black (date etc is OK) and sign-in has the lock screen background picture. Lock screen should have picture, not black.

JosephLTate, May 21, 2016
  3. Cannot change log-in screen backgound in Windows 10

I have a custom photo as my lock screen background. I've found instructions that indicate that the lock screen background can also be set as the log-in screen background by going to settings-personalization-lock screen and then page down and there is an
    option to set the log-in screen to the lock screen background. However, I have no such option in my personalization-lock screen settings. My only option is to either turn on or turn off "show Windows background picture on sign-on screen". There is no option
    for anything other than to either turn on or off the Windows background picture - no option to set the log-in (sign-in) screen to any other image.

I've been unable to find any solution to this issue. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

KanbunUechi, May 21, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Same here but I have the red plane wing background, no "do you like this picture" option either, I've tried all the suggestions (SFC, DSIM, deleting the contents of the Assets folder & allowing the folder to repopulate - which it didn't) non of which worked, created a new user & spotlight did work with that but want it to work on my main account.
    It seems impossible to be using a different folder than the assets one it should as the plane wing (& the beach arch scene) is found elsewhere.
    I'm not too bothered but I dislike not knowing why it's not working.

Bastet, May 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Lock screen background - Similar Threads - Lock screen background

2. No lock screen background in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen background in Windows 11: I am currently on Windows 11 Insider Preview - Beta channel. I see a blank wallpaper in my login screen and this issue has been present since I had Windows 10 installed. I thought it was a bug which will be fixed in next build and the issue still persists even today. I have...
  3. Lock Screen Background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background: I have checked Windows Spotlight on the Lock screen / Background, but the picture never changes. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/24a64239-4ff4-493d-ab96-a3694cbb914d
  4. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  5. Locked screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked screen background: Hi all, I have a problem with my locked screen background. This morning I went to work, and it was still a Windows Spotlight picture. I did a quick nap, and when I turned my computer back on, it was not a Windows Spotlight picture anymore, but instead it was a picture that...
  6. lock screen background

lock screen background: i cannot change me lock screen background, like i cannot press this button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background/f795fca4-1d28-4cf7-9232-fdb25e16f5bc
  7. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  8. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  9. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  10. Lock Screen Background

Lock Screen Background: How can I stop the background picture, I want to keep on the lock screen background, from changing? I have the choices set to "picture", however, in the small boxes underneath the preview screen, not only is the picture I want to keep on the lock screen background shown in...