Windows 10: Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer.

Discus and support Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pressing the key with the Windows logo on its face has no effect on the computer. Can someone please cure my cancer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Godricide, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Godricide Win User

Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer.

Pressing the key with the Windows logo on its face has no effect on the computer. Can someone please cure my cancer?

:)

Godricide, Aug 14, 2018

2. Enabling windows logo key

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    Prostar/Clevo P150SM

• What exactly happen when you press on the Windows logo key on the keyboard?
    Absolutely nothing

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.

I don't actually thing a screenshot would be helpful since nothing happens!

cdmichaelnc, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Enabling windows logo key

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What exactly happen when you press on the Windows logo key on the keyboard?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Lets’ try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to go through the powershell command and try the below steps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click on File tab and select Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer.

Windows 10 function keys not working properly

Hi Brianna,

I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers and see if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer.

1. Windows logo key is unrecognized by the computer. - Similar Threads - logo key unrecognized

2. unrecognized charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrecognized charge: I have a charge on my card that I dont recognize. 279.74 on 2/26/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-charge/226dd5a3-4415-4bbc-b901-b27818620dd7
  3. unrecognized charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unrecognized charge: I have a charge on my card that I dont recognize. 279.74 on 2/26/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-charge/226dd5a3-4415-4bbc-b901-b27818620dd7
  4. unrecognized charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrecognized charges: I got a charges 108 dollars from microsoft which I never buy. I try to my credit card company and no help. I tried to check with my account but no history. I need your help....
  5. unrecognized charges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unrecognized charges: I got a charges 108 dollars from microsoft which I never buy. I try to my credit card company and no help. I tried to check with my account but no history. I need your help....
  6. Unrecognized Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unrecognized Password: My new Hp desktop can’t recognized my password I’m not sure if it’s associated with Microsoft or local use. Need to return it the next day to reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-password/f00a1420-2876-4f64-9658-97eb888038c4
  7. Windows logo key not fuctioning properly

Windows logo key not fuctioning properly: I was update my Nvidia graphics drivers and suddenly my windows logo key has begun only pausing any media instead of opening the start menu as intended. I don't quite understand how to revert it and changing key bindings through the registry hasn't helped either. I feel like...
  8. Unrecognized folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognized folder: Good day. during the process of selecting a folder to save a word file, I came across a folder that I have never seen before. Can you tell me what it is please? I pasted it below. I also left the data string out just in case it is suppose to be private. Thanks....
  9. Windows Logo Keys

Windows Logo Keys: How to put my Windows Logo Keys back they were when I bought this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logo-keys/204649e4-d485-49d2-a6e4-69f4caf290c0
  10. Unrecognized devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unrecognized devices: Can someone help me out w/this? Under Devices: I know what each of these are. Under Multimedia Devices: I do NOT know what the BDP-S3700 devices are. Under Printers: I know what each of these are. 1. How do I find out what the BDP-S3700 devices are & if I really need...