Windows 10: Windows logo on boot up is stretched

Discus and support Windows logo on boot up is stretched in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 Pro installed in UEFI mode. On start up, the blue Windows logo is slightly stretched and appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GregH, Jun 11, 2016.

1. GregH Win User

Windows logo on boot up is stretched

Hi all,

I have installed Windows 10 Pro installed in UEFI mode. On start up, the blue Windows logo is slightly stretched and appears to be displayed at an incorrect resolution. Is there a way to fix this. Even the little dots that go round for a few seconds are in a slightly oval pattern. This is only during the initial boot process, once at the login screen everything is normal. I am running the latest GPU driver for my GTX980Ti.

My monitor is 27 inch 2560x1440.

Can I fix this, or is it something I must just live with? I have a few other Win 10 machines and this is the only one that displays the starting logo incorrectly.

Thanks!

:)

GregH, Jun 11, 2016
  2. Piorunx22 Win User

My UEFI boot isn't working

Hi, I have an ASUS motherboard that booted normally until now.

Every time I booted it up it showed the ASUS logo and Press F2 or DEL to enter UEFI BIOS settings

Then it said Checking Media Presence

And it just booted normally with an ASUS logo and the spinning windows wheel with no stretch at all (my monitor is 21:9)

I had Remix OS installed which worked perfectly as well and it had no stretch too

I went to my BIOS to change CSM to Legacy, and it was booting up with a stretched Windows logo (it stopped saying Checking Media Presence) but it was UEFI in msinfo anyway, so I changed CSM back to Auto and since then my boot screen is stretched and it shows
    the default Windows logo. I resetted my BIOS to factory defaults but it's still like this. In BIOS boot order it had 2 partitions called something with UEFI but now there's one and there is my expansion drive in the boot order.

Please help me with this it's really ugly now I would like to go back to my 21:9 boot screen with Asus logo

BTW. RemixOS is now stretched too, but it supported 21:9

AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO CONTACT ASUS I WENT HERE FOR A REASON

Piorunx22, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Stretched screen Windows 10 version 1709

My screen appears squashed. The windows logo is oval shaped. Icons, graphics, text, is stretched. How do I fix it?

MaryCerny-Klinger, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Your gpu drivers most likely not loaded yet mines the same ive never really worried about it tbh?

Archie123, Jun 11, 2016
  5. GregH Win User
    Hey Archie123, that would make sense I guess. It does not bother me to be honest but as I have a few other Windows 10 machines, not very different to this one in terms of hardware (all MSI motherboards and nVidia GPU's, plus a laptop that does not display this issue, so thought I should investigate. I was thinking that maybe it was/is also a factor of slightly larger than average screen.

GregH, Jun 11, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    If im honest im very anal about all things pc and i nit pick the little things aswell . My monitor is 1440p too maybe its that as you say but as ive always assumed its drivers its never bothered me

Archie123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows logo on boot up is stretched - Similar Threads - logo boot stretched

2. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  3. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  4. After switching to UEFI mode my Windows 10 boot logo was stretched and wrong dimensions....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After switching to UEFI mode my Windows 10 boot logo was stretched and wrong dimensions....: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,After switching to UEFI mode my Windows 10 boot logo was stretched and wrong dimensions. Please help!* Original title: Help me!...
  5. there is no logo windows when boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is no logo windows when boot up: Hi! my windows 11 computer doesn't show up with the windows 11 logo when I boot up. I'm sad because the thing I look forward to the most in Windows 11 is the Windows 11 logo...
  6. there is no logo windows when boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is no logo windows when boot up: Hi! my windows 11 computer doesn't show up with the windows 11 logo when I boot up. I'm sad because the thing I look forward to the most in Windows 11 is the Windows 11 logo...
  7. Windows boot logo is stretched - how to fix it?

Windows boot logo is stretched - how to fix it?: So now I have everything working as it should, I have just one little glitch: Windows boot logo deformation The above thread sums it up nicely. The pic on the left is what I get, the one on the right is how it should be. I am on GPT UEFA, and the one on the right is of course...
  8. Windows boot up logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot up logo: Hey guys, Ive been doing some testing here and cant wrap my head around it. one laptop, bios is legacy with mbr and installed windows 10 fresh and when I boot up the first screen is the dell screen and second is the windows logo and spinning circle.. great Second laptop,...
  9. Windows logo shown on boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows logo shown on boot up: I have "No GUI Boot" option enabled Ticked in msconfig but still when i boot up my system the windows logo is shown for around 5-10 seconds. is there anyway to disable it completely?...
  10. Blue windows logo on boot up

Blue windows logo on boot up: I have just installed windows on my computer again after updating my motherboard and CPU, but on every boot they is a blue windows logo and the spinning circle, its only on for a few seconds. I nerver had this on my lat install of windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot logo stretched

2. win10 start logo stretch

3. ultrawide windows logo startup stretch

4. adapt windows boot logo for ultrawide monitor,
  5. windows boot screen stretched,
  6. windows loading screen stretched,
  7. strecrhed windows logo,
  8. asus logo stretchef on bood,
  9. stretched boot screen windows 10,
  10. windows 10 boot logo stretched uefi,
  11. windows logo appears streached in efi,