Windows 10: Windows logs automatically logs into last user

Discus and support Windows logs automatically logs into last user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and have already seen my first issue. I have two user accounts on my computer. Neither of them have passwords. In... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RichieRico, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows logs automatically logs into last user

I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and have already seen my first issue. I have two user accounts on my computer. Neither of them have passwords. In Windows 7 it would load up windows and give me the option to select the user I want to sign into. In Windows 10 to automatically logs into the last user that signed in before.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

I rather not set up passwords for either account. I've checked the userpasswords2 command and the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" is checked off.

:)

RichieRico, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 automatically logs into desktop without asking password or pin.

Original Title: Automatic Log On

When I turn on my computer, Windows 10 automatically logs my into the computer , without me having to enter my password or PIN. What adjustments can I make so that it is necessary to enter my password or PIN?

Millington, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 automatically logs into desktop without asking password or pin.

Hi Millington,

Thank you for posting In Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Follow the Steps below to sign in to Windows 10 using password.

1. Press Windows key + R and type netplwiz and press
    Enter.

2. Select the account in the list and check User must enter a user anme and password to use this computer.

3. Click Apply.

4. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows logs automatically logs into last user

Hello Richie, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that not having passwords is what is causing this. You'll need to create a password or PIN for the accounts to stop this. *Sad

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Seriously? So that option - multiple users, no passwords - is no longer an option?

stephethgeth, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The problem is that at startup, Windows automatically shows the last user on the sign in screen. If that last user doesn't have a password, it may get automatically signed in to like in your situation.

Currently, the only way I know to stop it so you can select a user on the sign in screen is to password protect them.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows logs automatically logs into last user

1. Windows logs automatically logs into last user - Similar Threads - logs automatically logs

2. Windows 10 showing last logged in user (but not the Administrator)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 showing last logged in user (but not the Administrator): I have what I think is a weird problem. I have a Dell Precision 5820 running Windows 21H1 (version 19043.1165) with all updates installed. I have two active user accounts (Administrator and Operator). I have the 'Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in' set to...
  3. Windows 10 user automatically logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 user automatically logging in?: I have 2 users on my desktop PC. Me (administrator) and my wife (not administrator). Both accounts are set up as hello PIN and both require PIN sign in at startup. On a fresh start, when my wife logs in, when she tries to shut down she is told that other users are active do...
  4. Automatic Log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic Log in: In the last few days when I turn on my Windows 10 computer it automatically logs me in. If I put the computer on sleep mode though, the log in screen comes up when I turn the screen on. How do I get my log in screen to come back for when I turn the computer on?...
  5. Automaticly log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automaticly log in: How do I setup my Win 10 to login automatically for every startup? I live alone and no one has access to my laptop. Thanks in advance. Rev. Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automaticly-log-in/95b71023-483e-4c56-b289-e1f00ce52d51
  6. Windows is Auto Logging into last User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is Auto Logging into last User Account: Let me briefly explain as I have seen many of the post already on similar topics. I have multiple computers at multiple office and home locations all running windows 10 home edition (32 and 64). Lately (maybe last 6 months or so) windows is now logging into the last account...
  7. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...
  8. Windows 10 is automatically logging on to last user

Windows 10 is automatically logging on to last user: Hi All, I just upgraded to windows 10. I have 3 users (Me as administrator) my wife and kid as normal users. When my wife has been logged on and she shuts down the PC then it automatically logs on to her account when i start PC again. This is annoying. I would like it to...
  9. Windows 10 last user remains logged in after reboot

Windows 10 last user remains logged in after reboot: Hi all, After installing the Fall Creators Update I noticed that the last user remains logged in after a computer reboot. I noticed this as the task manager shows this user as disconnected user if I log in with a different account after the restart. I also get a message...
  10. Automatically select user to log in to

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically select user to log in to: Hello! I'm running the Enterprise version of Windows 10 on my work computer. The PC is on a domain. When I click to move on from the lock screen, I am presented with my username (I assume since I was the last one to log in), and an "Other user" option. On the Windows 7 PCs on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home last user logs on automatically?

2. set what user windows logs into first