Windows 10: Windows Magnifier Doesn't

Discus and support Windows Magnifier Doesn't in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Magnifier regularly and usually have no problems with it. However, after upgrading to windows 10 (Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494)) I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A65er, Aug 3, 2016.

1. A65er Win User

Windows Magnifier Doesn't

I use Magnifier regularly and usually have no problems with it. However, after upgrading to windows 10 (Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494)) I found that Magnifier didn't work properly on one user account. I use 2 main user accounts on my machine. One is an administrator account for installing software etc. the other is a standard user account for every day, web browsing and so on. I have the problem on the standard user account. Magnifier opens on this account and although the magnifying glass can be seen on the screen it doesn't actually magnify anthing. It doesn't matter what the magnification is set to, or whether it is set as a small glass, full screen or whatever. The only solution that occurred to me was to delete the user account and rebuild it. I actually did that when I briefly first posted this thread thinking it would be the quickest solution. Unfortunately after going through all of that and the magnifier briefly working properly again - it happened again and the same preoblem reappeared.

My machine is a desktop with an Asus A88XM-Plus motherboard, AMD A8-7600 APU, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6570 graphics

P.S. Is there anyone out there knowledgeable enough to tell me what the registry entries should be so that I can check them please, as I assume that is where the problem will be.

Update: I've just installed the Anniversary Update, I am now running Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10). Not surprising I suppose but thia has had no effect on the fault, it is still there.

Update & Resolution
    I I have resolved this myself by accident. As I stated originally, Magnifier works fine in the user account I have with Administrator privileges, where as it doesn't on the standard user account. So, I tried running Magnifier within the standard account "as Administrator"....problem solved it now works perfectly. I have now set Magnifier to run permanently as Administrator on my standard user account and it works fine. ( Right click the Magnifier short cut within your start menu and choose "open file location". Right click the short cut that you have just navigated to and choose " properties". On the short cut tab, click "Advanced". Click in the box next to "Run as Administrator" to enter a tick. Click on "Apply". You will then be asked to enter an Administrator password to confirm.)

:)

A65er, Aug 3, 2016
  2. SMP2 Win User

Can a fixed magnifier resizable box option that doesn't follow the mouse, but does magnify a specified area of the desktop done by mouse selection (easiest) or area (harder) be added to windows 10?

Ease of access magnifier option wanted. The one and very useful option that is missing is a resizable magnifying window that magnifies a specified area of the desktop, stays put and doesn't follow the mouse. Docked options or full screen options do not
    serve as a good substitute for this option. Sometimes a full screen option isn't convenient and the trouble with docked options is that they are too narrow and not put where the user would normally look while working. The only current solution is a resizable
    magnifier window that tracks the mouse. The problem here is distortion and distraction while working. It is better to be able to have a fixed adjustable magnifying window that can be moved around independently of the mouse tracking option and magnifies an
    area of the screen specified by the user. Much less distracting. Can this option be added to Windows 10?

SMP2, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Magnifier issue in Windows 10 November update

I have an issue as well with magnifier on 10 1511, with two screens mixed resolutions, the built in laptop screen is 4k, the extended display is 1050 res, Magnifier on either desktop comes up as a rectangle with no menus or title bar, and on the high-res
    screen it doesn't magnify anything.

Steven Yetter, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows Magnifier Doesn't

1. Windows Magnifier Doesn't - Similar Threads - Magnifier Doesn't

2. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  3. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  4. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  5. Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?: Hello,I am using Windows since the XP era. I do have low vision and I rely on the magnifier apps provided in Windows' versions to use the computer and do my job. In Windows XP, I was using the Microsoft IntelliPoint on a supported Microsoft mouse that had a nice magnifier...
  6. Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?

Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?: Hello,I am using Windows since the XP era. I do have low vision and I rely on the magnifier apps provided in Windows' versions to use the computer and do my job. In Windows XP, I was using the Microsoft IntelliPoint on a supported Microsoft mouse that had a nice magnifier...
  7. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  8. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  9. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position?: In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-can-i-get-the-magnifier-lens-to-lock/e9816985-3066-415f-bbcc-47de4ebc1aaa