Windows 10: Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

Discus and support Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments. I can attach a file, hit send, but it doesn't show whether it went out and it never comes in. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geercom, Jun 19, 2017.

1. geercom Win User

Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments. I can attach a file, hit send, but it doesn't show whether it went out and it never comes in. I understand that perhaps some problems with Windows 10 are resolved by connecting Mail and Calendar and Windows 10 with an online Microsoft account, is that right? I already have an online Microsoft account but I don't believe it's connected with this OS and email client. Do you know how I connect those?

:)

geercom, Jun 19, 2017

2. can't send large attachments via Outlook

I have an HTC Titan and have it set up using my office e mail for Outlook

It won't let me send any decent sized attachments (e.g. one image from the phone)

I get an e mail from "windows phone" saying check the address (I have) and that the attachment may be too large.

I assume I have a limit on my outlook e mail for the size of attachment i can send - how do i change that?

Thanks

Chris

chriski1971, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Mail not opening attachments

The Microsoft MAIL program that came with the last 2 Windows 10 Refreshes.

This program is more than a disappointment, it is truly a piece of garbage.

Won't open an attachment, won't give you proper information, just an open or save box, which doesn't work.

Scroll over boxes that obscure what you are trying to see, and nobody fixes these things. There's a thread on this that is YEARS old.

My Microsoft Live Mail from 2011 ? still works and will open attachments, apparently no longer supported and the Calendar won't work.

Doesn't seem to get along with other e-mail providers either, occasionally bounces back sent mail as well.

We need a RELIABLE e-mail program that is interoperable with Windows, Android and Apple and Google, etc. Is this TOO hard?

Len Marshall, Jun 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

My first thought it that a Microsoft account should not be needed to be able to send attachments, you simply attach a file as you have been doing and send the email. Usually, the email then shows up in your sent folder where you can check to see if the attachment is there. All this requires that your email client has been correctly set up in the W10 Mail app. Your email client should have provided instructions on how to do this.

If you want to try using a Microsoft account for your windows login, there are some benefits and here are two tutorials that should help you to understand Microsoft accounts and how to switch to them. Not all people like using MS accounts though so have a search through threads on this topic and see what you are comfortable with.

How to Tell if Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. geercom Win User
    Thank you. 'Much appreciated.

geercom, Jun 21, 2017
  6. Bushido1 Win User
    I have the same problem with my Gmail e-mail account in Windows 10 Mail app.
    I managed to send attachments previously but now Mail app gives me an error: ,,Error in sending e-mail".
    I use Microsoft account in Windows 10.

Bushido1, Jul 30, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    My first thought was, why do you need an email client for Gmail? I use Gmail but I only use the mail app for the calendar side of it.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2017
  8. Bushido1 Win User

I need an email client for Gmail for the same reason why I use Hotmail via Mail app. This app helps me to organise all my e-mail accounts in one place so there will be no hassle with inserting login credentials repeatedly and I can check new e-mails and write/reply to them via app.

Bushido1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar won't

2. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  3. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  4. Not able to send emails with attachment in windows mail and calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to send emails with attachment in windows mail and calendar app: when ever I try to send a email with the attachment in windows mail and calendar app it gives me a notification that the email was not sent and is transferred to draft folder. I need a immediate solution to this issue, please help......
  5. Not able to send emails with attachment in windows mail and calendar app

Not able to send emails with attachment in windows mail and calendar app: when ever I try to send a email with the attachment in windows mail and calendar app it gives me a notification that the email was not sent and is transferred to draft folder. I need a immediate solution to this issue, please help......
  6. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  7. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  8. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10: I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?...
  9. sending attachments with e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  10. Windows Mail Calendar is not sending emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Calendar is not sending emails: Hi WLM calendar used to send an email to my default address as a reminder of events, according to how I I requested it. How do I get Windows Mail to do this, I have set up events with a reminder over several days and time frames, as I did with WLM but have not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont send attachments

2. windows mail app wont send attachments