Windows 10: Windows mail and edge problems

Discus and support Windows mail and edge problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really need advice on my terribly odd issue. I'm having similar,. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but for me its mail and edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cajunctionAI, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Windows mail and edge problems

I really need advice on my terribly odd issue.

I'm having similar,. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but for me its mail and edge browser.

I've asked for help in several threads but no answers tell me 'why' this is happening, they all just want me to reinstall, and that's a lot of hassle. Its like throwing away a car because the alternator isn't working right *Wink

Edge doesn't always remember , you can't 'easily' export tabs ( its a nightmare to do it), there is no 'save all tabs' or the 'ie 11 way', so its a nightmare.

Mail was working, no idea what happened, but it always worked fine.

SFC scan found something, I have a cbs.log file with a lot of errors but Have no idea how to identify what occured or fix it.

chksdk found no errors, so its not my hardware I don't think.

My mother board is the only thing that's 'designed for windows 7' whatever that means, but while edge and mail aren't working right, I never have any problems with 3rd party utilities, or 3d apps like maya, unreal engine #4, meshmixer and similar 3d apps. All never crash, no problems so I sincerely doubt its me.

Can the cbs.log file help identify whats going wrong and fix it instead of reinstalling ?

Also , is this common, is this MS, is this my end ? I get this OFTEN at outlook.com, and I've seen it over time, and its doing it really bad now making me think all my issue are on MS"s end, pls see below attachment:

Windows mail and edge problems [​IMG]
    I got that error a soon as I logged into my account, as seen in my name, next to picture of my dog on far left ( Sandy *Smile .)

Cheers

:)

cajunctionAI, Feb 28, 2016

2. E-Mail

I Have installed Windows 10 and am having problems sending E-mails in Edge. I use my Aol E-Mail account and have no problem sending mail in Internet Explorer. I can receive Mail using Edge but not send. Anybody else have the same problem. Driving me nuts
    having ro switch browser to E-Mail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cormacwilson, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Edge yahoo mail problem

I have a related, possibly the same problem. Edge has been using a rapidly growing amount of internal memory (rising quickly to 2GByte), resulting in the computer slowing to a crawl after only a few minutes.

Using Edge, I opened a number of websites in different windows and monitored the memory usage. The issue only arose when Yahoo Mail was open. We are considering using the Microsoft Mail App and/or the Yahoo Mail App as alternates to Edge for mail, but
    this is an annoyance. Also considering dropping Edge and moving to Chrome of Firefox. This is ridiculous.

AndrewShaddock, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows mail and edge problems

1. Windows mail and edge problems - Similar Threads - mail edge problems

2. Windows Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Problem: When I try to log onto my e-mail account. I continue to get this message. Please could somebody tell me what I need to do. I am in my 80s and I T is a bit complicated for this old brain of mine. I would appreciate any help.Cheers Perry*Moved from feedback....
  3. MS Edge and Windows Mail Chinese character problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge and Windows Mail Chinese character problem: can Microsoft or users help please? I like to use the "Share" function in MS Edge to send a URL by Windows Mail. From a web page I click on Share and option for Windows Mail.I get a blank email message ready to complete, but the desired URL is in Chinese characters, not...
  4. MS Edge and Windows Mail Chinese character problem

MS Edge and Windows Mail Chinese character problem: can Microsoft or users help please? I like to use the "Share" function in MS Edge to send a URL by Windows Mail. From a web page I click on Share and option for Windows Mail.I get a blank email message ready to complete, but the desired URL is in Chinese characters, not...
  5. Windows Mail problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail problem: No talktalk emails in inbox, sent emails sticking in outbox, using Windows Mail app with IMAP, port settings in :993:1, out smtp :465:1. Account settings show all boxes ticked, any time sync. Can you provide a solution....
  6. Windows Mail problem

Windows Mail problem: No talktalk emails in inbox, sent emails sticking in outbox, using Windows Mail app with IMAP, port settings in :993:1, out smtp :465:1. Account settings show all boxes ticked, any time sync. Can you provide a solution....
  7. Windows Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Problem: One of two email accounts under Windows Mail will not load. Says to update password. I insert password, and within seconds says Account Needs Attention, Update Password. Password entry never "takes:.. Have had this problem before, but only recall it took a lot of effort to...
  8. Windows Mail Problem

Windows Mail Problem: One of two email accounts under Windows Mail will not load. Says to update password. I insert password, and within seconds says Account Needs Attention, Update Password. Password entry never "takes:.. Have had this problem before, but only recall it took a lot of effort to...
  9. Problem with Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Windows Mail: Today I tried to check my mail but I noticed that it wouldn't show any PDF files... I don't know if it has affected file formats like pptx etc but every mail that used to contain a PDF file is now blank. Also, something else I noticed the same day was that some of the app...
  10. EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider: I upgraded to Windows 10 w/Edge from 8.1 sometime ago. Since then I have experienced several glitches using my e-mail. I use a sub of centurylink (zimbra) e-mail. Problems that are constant: I cannot hear any audio on videos unless I right click the speaker icon and click on...