Windows 10: Windows Mail App crashes randomly

Discus and support Windows Mail App crashes randomly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have mail app installed (Version 17.9001.21125.0) and it randomly crashes. It has been doing this for the last 4 months and updates haven't helped.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by realz, Feb 6, 2018.

1. realz Win User

Windows Mail App crashes randomly

I have mail app installed (Version 17.9001.21125.0) and it randomly crashes. It has been doing this for the last 4 months and updates haven't helped.

To troubleshoot, I removed all the accounts and only kept the activesync account but that didn't make any difference. I did wsreset, removed windowscommunications apps and reinstalled but nothing has helped. I even created a new profile on my computer to see if it helps but nada.

Any other ideas? I use mail extensively and this issue is so frustrating that I am starting to consider buying a Mac, which I certainly don't want to do.

:)

realz, Feb 6, 2018

2. surface pro 3 windows 10 apps crashing

After opening some apps they will randomly crash. Noticed multiple times with Mail and Facebook. Using windows 10 on surface pro 3.

Help!! It is only 2 weeks old!

JacquelinePreston, Feb 6, 2018
  3. MCP Andy Win User
  4. Helmut Win User

I have been using the Mail App for 4 years, 6 Email Accounts through Windows 8 to the Windows 10 version(17.8827.21855.0), last update 06/02/2018 yesterday. Not one crash in that time.

Maybe they are trying a development version on you. Or your Windows install needs checking as well. I would change your Windows 10 settings.

Other sources of problems maybe Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware applications checking your Email.

Helmut, Feb 6, 2018
  5. realz Win User
    That's interesting, I suspected that I am using a non-public release version of the app... The question how do i get the normal release version back. I am not part of windows insider preview.
    I am not using any anti malware/virus software at the moment.

realz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App crashes randomly - Similar Threads - Mail App crashes

2. Windows Mail App crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App crashing on launch: Recently had to go through some troubles with trying to do an in house restore, and while for the most part everything seemed to return to normal well apart from iCUE the windows mail app for some reason is not. Whenever I launch the app it opens the usual blue loading screen...
  3. Windows Mail App crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App crashing on launch: Recently had to go through some troubles with trying to do an in house restore, and while for the most part everything seemed to return to normal well apart from iCUE the windows mail app for some reason is not. Whenever I launch the app it opens the usual blue loading screen...
  4. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  5. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  6. Random apps are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps are crashing: I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open up Windows security and click on Protection history. it gives you the alert of like if you are the real adminstrator normal...
  7. Random apps are crashing

Random apps are crashing: I cant Figure out how or why this is happeningSo Spotify will open up and it freezes for a moment and it crashesRazer Synapse same thingAnd when i open up Windows security and click on Protection history. it gives you the alert of like if you are the real adminstrator normal...
  8. Random apps are crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Mail App Crashing

Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  10. Mail app crash on Windows 10

Mail app crash on Windows 10: after last update the mail wont stay open. It will open for about 3 seconds then closes ***Original Title: surface pro mail*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-crash-on-windows-10/b5992afa-e0ff-4d79-8487-b8d354d94697