Windows 10: Windows Mail App crashes randomly

Discus and support Windows Mail App crashes randomly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have mail app installed (Version 17.9001.21125.0) and it randomly crashes. It has been doing this for the last 4 months and updates haven't helped.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by realz, Feb 6, 2018.

1. realz Win User

Windows Mail App crashes randomly

I have mail app installed (Version 17.9001.21125.0) and it randomly crashes. It has been doing this for the last 4 months and updates haven't helped.

To troubleshoot, I removed all the accounts and only kept the activesync account but that didn't make any difference. I did wsreset, removed windowscommunications apps and reinstalled but nothing has helped. I even created a new profile on my computer to see if it helps but nada.

Any other ideas? I use mail extensively and this issue is so frustrating that I am starting to consider buying a Mac, which I certainly don't want to do.

:)

realz, Feb 6, 2018

2. surface pro 3 windows 10 apps crashing

After opening some apps they will randomly crash. Noticed multiple times with Mail and Facebook. Using windows 10 on surface pro 3.

Help!! It is only 2 weeks old!

JacquelinePreston, Feb 6, 2018
  3. MCP Andy Win User
  4. Helmut Win User

I have been using the Mail App for 4 years, 6 Email Accounts through Windows 8 to the Windows 10 version(17.8827.21855.0), last update 06/02/2018 yesterday. Not one crash in that time.

Maybe they are trying a development version on you. Or your Windows install needs checking as well. I would change your Windows 10 settings.

Other sources of problems maybe Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware applications checking your Email.

Helmut, Feb 6, 2018
  5. realz Win User
    That's interesting, I suspected that I am using a non-public release version of the app... The question how do i get the normal release version back. I am not part of windows insider preview.
    I am not using any anti malware/virus software at the moment.

realz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App crashes randomly - Similar Threads - Mail App crashes

2. random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random crashes: hi my laptop freezes and sometimes randomly reboots here is a link to minidump folder please help. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHuBBWb-nHMgeo3QcOs3S-N0Qdylw?e=AF0bo3 Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1000007e Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2:...
  3. Mail app crash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app crash on Windows 10: after last update the mail wont stay open. It will open for about 3 seconds then closes ***Original Title: surface pro mail*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-crash-on-windows-10/b5992afa-e0ff-4d79-8487-b8d354d94697
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings: Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes. Other settings appear to work but these two never do. I have tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck. Windows 10 1809...
  5. Mail App keeps crashing

Mail App keeps crashing: Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it through powershell but nothing has worked. I ended up calling Microsoft support and...
  6. windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

windows 10 phone - mail app crashing: My Lumia 650 with W10 Mail app has started to crash as soon as I try and open any emails I can see the preview but nothing will open and I can't start a new email I have uninstalled and reinstalled Deleted the IE/Edge cashe (as suggested in MS answer - don't know why that...
  7. Mail App Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Keeps Crashing: Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on...
  8. Random app crashes / BSOD

Random app crashes / BSOD: Hi, I'm having a lot of issues with a system I recently assembled. Apps like Word, Outlook and Firefox are randomly crashing, BSODs from time to time, and the PC sometimes crashes directly after sleep-mode. I've tried the following: -clean install -updating bios...
  9. Mail & Calendar app crashing

Mail & Calendar app crashing: I have Windows 10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) After uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 I am unable to use the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. When I try to open either Mail or Calendar they crash immediately. I have tried every conceivable method that has been posted...
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening

Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening: Hi all. After last update, my win10 will not open my mail & calendar app. Whenever I open the app, it starts up, loads the mail, and then shuts down again. I am getting this from my event viewer: Faulting application name: HxMail.exe, version: 16.0.6106.4200, time...