Windows 10: Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem

Discus and support Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In mail app, I have deleted certain mails and went to deleted folder. I deleted all mails from there also. When I go to deleted folder next day, I see... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem

In mail app, I have deleted certain mails and went to deleted folder. I deleted all mails from there also. When I go to deleted folder next day, I see mails already deleted from that folder previous day again. Is it problem of Mail app Or am I missing some thing.

:)

lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mail App E-mails

My e-mail problem deals with the Windows 10 E-mail App and not my Outlook.com acct. When I go to my Windows 10 E-mail App "inbox" all of my "older" e-mails are gone and not listed anymore. I have no idea where they went or how to get to them. I "never"
    manually deleted any of them! When I go to the "inbox" it only shows most recent e-mails and not "older" e-mails that I have had from the past months etc. Now, when I log into my Outlook.com e0mail acct I can still see all of my "older" e-mail still listed
    in the "inbox" and nothing has been touched or automatically deleted etc. What can I do in my Windows 10 E-mail App to keep my "older" e-mails from being lost, missing, deleted etc. I have no problem with my Outlook.com. But, the link you sent deals with problems
    in the Outlook.com and not Windows 10 E-mail App. is there a "setting" in the Windows 10 E-mail App that will solve my problem? If so, can you show me the step by steps on how to set it? it's frustrating when you go to your Windows 10 Mail App inbox and you're
    looking for some "older" e-mails and they're not there any more and you have no idea where they went, when you never manually deleted them!

SAMSON JOE, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Placebo12 Win User
    "Your yahoo account settings are out of date" pop-up windows when using Fiorefox on Windows 10

vp2vt66, this is an old thread and it is difficult to see all of the 106 replies. It has been determined that it is a Windows 10 Mail app problem. Here is a resolution recently posted that works.

To get rid of the annoying popups and sounds, just delete the Yahoo Mail account from the Windows Mail app.

You can get your Yahoo Mail in any browser or you can put the Yahoo Mail app on your phone.

Hopefully MS will fix this problem soon.

Placebo12, Jun 21, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Change the Sync settings for the Account, and also use the "Sync this view" button.
    Cog > Manage Accounts > Select to edit settings > Sync settings.

Helmut, Jun 21, 2017
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    I selected my outlook account to edit settings. I am not finding Sync this view. screen shot is attached.

Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem [​IMG]

Mine is windows10 home.

lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    I'm having the same problem just with my MS account, it's set exactly as your screen cap Ivgandhi. It seems to be intermittent as sometimes it works & deletes while others it says it deletes but emails still there.
    Windows 10 pro.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem - Similar Threads - Mail App deleted

2. deleted mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted mail app: deleted mail app in windows 10 by mistake. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-mail-app/25ac6a57-5ca2-40ca-a2ff-76e8a716f47f
  3. W10 mail app deletes mails

W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  4. windows mail app sent mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail app sent mail problem: Sent mails are not showing in sent mail folder in windows mail and calendar app. Sometimes it is shown in spam folder. Please tell best possible solution for this problem as soon as possible....
  5. Mail App Problem

Mail App Problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of my...
  6. Mail app problem

Mail app problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notiifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of...
  7. Problem with Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Mail app: So I use three different emails in my Mail app, each using a different name. Two of them use different internet aliases, but one of them is a "serious" email which uses my real name. Recently, I have been doing a back-and-forth with someone on my serious email (Re: Re: Re:...
  8. Problems with mail app

Problems with mail app: I have 2 problems with the Windows 10 mail app. I have multiple accounts in the mail - 3 gmail and one hotmail, and when you update gmail accounts it sends everything with the same name, and the function where you can change under which name it should send, disappears. The...
  9. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  10. Mail App Deleting Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Deleting Problem: I've been using the built in mail app for a long while now, and never had a problem with Yahoo mail. Recently I added another mailbox with is my gmail. So I have both in the mail app and I can switch between them. However I've been having an issue only with the gmail mailbox....