Windows 10: Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

Discus and support Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eezacque, Jul 20, 2018.

1. eezacque Win User

Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by refusing to upgrade Office, and is this combination of wares dead by design, or is there a fix?

:)

eezacque, Jul 20, 2018
  2. eezacque Win User

If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by refusing to upgrade Office, and is this combination of wares dead by design, or is there a fix?

eezacque, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Helmut Win User

Basically it's security. An Excel file or other file may contain macros a known way of transmitting viruses. So you are prevented from opening such files directly, the source is also a factor.

I never open any Excel file directly from sources such as Email Attachments, Internet etc. Very dangerous thing to do.

Even my own Excel files with macros disabled, if I send them to myself only open in protected mode.
    I am using Excel 2010.

If you feel Excel 2010 is not working correctly you can repair the installation or reinstall it.

Helmut, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments - Similar Threads - Mail app does

2. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app: [ATTACH]Windows Mail is an email client from Microsoft that lets users view and manage their emails. While using the Windows Mail app, some users have experienced that they are unable to open links and attachments in the Windows Mall app. In this article, we will see some...
  6. Cannot open Word or Excel attachments

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Word or Excel attachments: After a Windows update 11/03/2021, I can no longer open Word or Excel attachments in MS Outlook. I can open Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on my own laptop and on my phone. I can open PDF and JPG....
  7. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  8. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment: Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to...
  9. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  10. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...