Windows 10: Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

Discus and support Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications. When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hadab2008, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Hadab2008 Win User

Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

Hello,
    I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications.
    When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all?
    Despite the fact that it is already the default app!

Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out) [​IMG]

Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out) [​IMG]

Any suggestions ?

:)

Hadab2008, Dec 9, 2017

2. 12-22-2017 Mail and Calendar notifications still broken!

All settings in mail are turned on for notifications. In Settings, Apps, Notifications the toggles for mail and calendar are grayed out. They were initially turned off by the creator update (and not greyed out). When I attempted to turn the mail notification
    on the toggle turned on and then immediately turned off and greyed out.

LeeryDoubloon22, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Mt.Dew Win User
    How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

If the slider is greyed out for Battery Saver/Security and Maintenance/Suggested, then you may have the setting for "Get notifications from apps and other senders" disabled. <-- Enable this. Then the other items no longer become greyed out and you can disable
    for Battery Saver (and the others if you wish). Once you have disabled for Battery Saver (and/or the others), then go back to "Get notifications from apps and other senders" and put the slider back to "off".

Mt.Dew, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

That looks like you have Outlook 2016 as your default Mail Application.
    Try a Restart and also these settings
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Mail On, People On, Settings On.
    Settings > Privacy > Email On, People On.
    Settings > Privacy > Calendar On > Let apps access calendar On > People On, Windows On.
    Settings > Accounts > Email & App accounts > Check you have at least one listed in Email, calendar and Contacts.
    Restart.

You may have to reinstall the Mail App, there is a tutorial on here how to do that.

Helmut, Dec 10, 2017
  5. Hadab2008 Win User
    Reinstalling the app has fixed it *Wink
    I appreciated sir, thank you so much.

Hadab2008, Dec 10, 2017
  6. IGX
    IgX Win User
  7. IGX
    IgX Win User
    In case there are newcomers with the similar issue like turning off mail app notifications in settings app and getting a disabled toggle with nothing helping to resolve the problem including these options - I'd like to share a solution that might be of some use.

It took a while for me to figure it out, seems like a W10 bug anyway.

Just go for this subkey in your registry:
    Code: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_{some_id}!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail[/quote] And look for this value:
    Code: Enabled = 0x00000000[/quote] Change the value to 1 or simply delete it (this subkey value seems to default to 0x00000001 anyway) and you are done, the corresponding toggle is active again. The same apparently holds true for other apps, but their toggles just might not get disabled with Enabled = 0.

Reboot. Hope that helps.

A little bit offtopic, perhaps, someone could, please, point me to a solution. While on this quest I've tried a system restore which eventually failed with a 0x80070005 error resulting in nothing but wrath and decimation of all system restore points on my behalf, running maintenance, checking hidden folders while granting the needed permissions etc. and still missing a couple of gigs+ on a tablet which is unpleasant. There might be a gig+ hiding within the "new" 12+ hundred folders in WinSxS but I'm unsure these are the one and still on the hunt for the rest. To sum up, I believe, I am not the first one with this subquest, perhaps, there is some magic except reimaging? Coz I am at the point of giving it up and waiting for a fresh install of SCU.

Thema:

1. Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out) - Similar Threads - Mail App Notifications

2. Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed: I want Windows Mail and Calendar background work to be disabled if they are closedI have a few email accounts there, I want to still receive other notifications from other applications and receive notifications only if the apps are intentionally opened and left running....
  3. Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed: I want Windows Mail and Calendar background work to be disabled if they are closedI have a few email accounts there, I want to still receive other notifications from other applications and receive notifications only if the apps are intentionally opened and left running....
  4. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  5. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  6. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. grayed out sync settings in mail app

grayed out sync settings in mail app: can someone tell me why suddenly my mail app will not sync to my email account like it has been doing fine for several years and will not allow me to access sync options because that section in manage your acct is grayed out? Ty for help with fixing this....
  8. Mail app notifications.

Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  9. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail notifications greyed out in settings

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_{some_id}!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail