Windows 10: Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

Discus and support Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by scottw92, Aug 8, 2016.

1. scottw92 Win User

Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails and it only started happening yesterday and i updated a few days before that and initially no issue.

Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails [​IMG]

:)

scottw92, Aug 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail App shows 9999 unread emails in Inbox

Since installing the Anniversary Update my Windows Mail Tile shows 9999 unread emails even when the Inbox is empty. The Taskbar icon similarly shows 99 unread emails. I've tried deleting and reinstalling my email account but it's just the same. The App
    now seems baked into Windows 10 and there is no uninstall option otherwise I'd try to uninstall and re-install from the Store.

Andrew_852, Aug 8, 2016
  3. PianSa Win User
    Question on mail app on Windows 10

And wouldn't the mail app show on its face the number of e-mails new and unread?

PianSa, Aug 8, 2016
  4. scottw92 Win User

Issue fixed itself when i received a push e-mail.

scottw92, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails - Similar Threads - Mail App showing

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  4. log off e-mail, windows 10 mail app

log off e-mail, windows 10 mail app: I've been unable to log in to my e-mail using att.net, att.com, or yahoo.com. No idea why. I tried currently.com, as well. I finally was able to access my e-mail today using the windows 10 mail app, however, it remains on with a small blue envelope in my task bar. No...
  5. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  6. Mail app downloading too many e-mails

Mail app downloading too many e-mails: Hi, I have a Hotmail account that I use through the Windows mail app. I have always set it to sync only e-mails from the last month, but recently it has changed by itself to sync all e-mails. I changed it back to one month, but all my old emails still displayed. I tried...
  7. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  8. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...
  9. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  10. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?: Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since...