Windows 10: Windows Mail - How do I Get Started

Discus and support Windows Mail - How do I Get Started in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 with a POP email account. I have a new desktop running Windows 10. How do I get started? The posts I see... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Mar 11, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Windows Mail - How do I Get Started

I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 with a POP email account. I have a new desktop running Windows 10.

How do I get started? The posts I see when I do a search are mostly dated in 2015.
    Are there any more-current user guides that would help?
    I will also want to transfer my emails and contacts to the new computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    cb

:)

abredt, Mar 11, 2017
  2. reeso71 Win User

how do i get started

i downloaded the application and its getting stuck on step 4 of 6 i deleted it and reinstalled it and its still getting stuck wut can i do to continue on. my phone is using CE OS 5.2.19972 (Build 19972.1.2.7) it has window mobile 6.1 and it is an HTC touch
    diamond. and how do i shut it off using the Task Manager and then re start the program. i know i installed it correctly because its awaiting first sync every time i login someone please help me because i really want to use this on my phone

reeso71, Mar 11, 2017
  3. how do i get started

Closing this thread since it is a duplicate of another thread (Internal Server Error).

Richie Weldon - MSFT, Mar 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, having transferred mail from one client to another with the death of successive MS offerings from Outlook Express to Windows Mail (not Live Mail) I settled on Thunderbird- be free of MS's vagaries and random acts. Their lack of consistency and their spreading email related data all over the place did them no favours in my view.

So first pick your free client. Make sure there are clear transfer routes for
    - emails
    - contacts/address lists
    - mail rules
    - etc

Freeware such as
    MailStore Home – Free Email Archiving and Backup for Home Users
    and commercial programs can be used to assist with data transfer between clients.

For Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird there are plenty of references e.g.
    How to import Windows Live Mail emails into ThunderBird - MailDev Help
    Switching to Thunderbird - Mozilla Support Community

dalchina, Mar 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Mail - How do I Get Started - Similar Threads - Mail Started

2. I am not receiving any e-mails on my tablet or phone.How do I get them to start again they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving any e-mails on my tablet or phone.How do I get them to start again they...: I have not been able to receive my e-mails for 2 days. My husband has changed his password on the laptop and got his e-mails but they are not coming on the tablet or phone. We have changed password on everything....
  3. I am not receiving any e-mails on my tablet or phone.How do I get them to start again they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not receiving any e-mails on my tablet or phone.How do I get them to start again they...: I have not been able to receive my e-mails for 2 days. My husband has changed his password on the laptop and got his e-mails but they are not coming on the tablet or phone. We have changed password on everything....
  4. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...: My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking payment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-unable-to-start-with-pin-or-password-and-i/03ee9695-151a-4464-8b27-fc2898ca9143
  5. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...: My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking payment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-unable-to-start-with-pin-or-password-and-i/03ee9695-151a-4464-8b27-fc2898ca9143
  6. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...: My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking payment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-unable-to-start-with-pin-or-password-and-i/42db8a5d-4f4a-461e-97cd-46775c94fbd5
  8. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...: My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking payment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-unable-to-start-with-pin-or-password-and-i/42db8a5d-4f4a-461e-97cd-46775c94fbd5
  9. My PC unable to start with PIN or password and I received mail in junk from *** Email...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start": So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...