Windows 10: Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

Discus and support Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markread76, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

Hi,

Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and after a while returns an error code: 0x80072726. I have tried deleting the accounts and recreating them, tried various types, hotmail, gmail etc but nothing works. Googling the issue seems to show a number of users with the same issue, some suggesting a firewall issue.

I have just tried switching off Bitdefender firewall and it now works. Anyone know which rules I need to set up in bitdefender rules to allow mail sync?

:)

markread76, Aug 1, 2015

2. Error code 0x80072726. When trying to sync email for 3 weeks now. Help please

Hi,

I'm also getting error code 0x80072726. My gmail account cannot be synchronized in Windows 10 mail client. It is quite frustrating given the fact that it used to work OK with Windows 8 (and 8.1).

I am using

- Mail and Calendar version 17.6120.42011.0

- on Lenovo Yoga 13.

I did disable my antivirus (Bitdefender Total Security 2015) but this does not solve the issue. Error code 0x80072726 is coming back time I try to sync my gmail account.

Disabling AV in order to sync e-mail (calendar) is anyway not the way to go!

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Constantin Cristian Dumitrescu, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Mail and Calendar apps with "error 0x80072726

There is no way to receive or send mails, youy systems keeps telling me at Mail and Calendar apps with "error 0x80072726 ", I've tried a los of emails asking for help with no answers. What can I do?

original title: Error 0x80072726

PedroRuiz Armadá, Aug 1, 2015
  4. jlynch34 Win User

Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

Mail won't sync. I get no error messages it just says "Still working on it ..." for awhile and then just quits.

Also when I receive my email in Outlook 2003 the links in the email don't take you to the correct URL.

jlynch34, Aug 2, 2015
  5. I also face the same problem. The previous app in Windows 8 and 8.1 works but after upgrading to windows 10 this problem shows up. What the heck is happening ? I want to use my mail app just like before. I use 3 mail so it will become convenient to use this app

Zerounfinished, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Hi there, I had the same problem . My microsoft email-adresses worked perfectly, but my Google adress didn't. I stumbled across this Reddit page with the same problem and I found the solution there:

"Allowing SVCHOST.EXE does the trick for me.
    ive checked my firewall log and when syncing these are the details
    c:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe ... Remote port 993 Local Port 56161 ..." - flyingbrains on Reddit

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/...hen_trying_to/

What I did was open my AVG anti-virus and I added a new exception from the adress above with the above TCP ports and it works perfectly now!

walkman461, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Sorry, posted it twice accidentally and I don't know how to remove this post...

walkman461, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Hamymac Win User

In AVG - Hit Firewall Active button > opens General Settings > hit Applications > sort those so that Advanced Settings comes up at the top of the lists (you'll see) > then left click on the Advanced settings part and it allows you to block or allow SVCHOST.EXE. Works for gmail anyway. *Smile

Hamymac, Aug 3, 2015
  9. You have to add the TCP ports that your firewall are blocking. I configured my AVG Firewall adding the 993 & 465 TCP & UDP ports in the applications - in this root C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE - Edit - and last find Time Synchronization Client TCP / Time Synchronization Client UDP - Then edit the rule in remote port section in order to add the ports mentioned above.

I attached a pic with the configuration.

I'm sorry for my English. I hope you can solve this issue.

Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726 [​IMG]

ligoniogarn, Aug 10, 2015
  10. Hamymac Win User
    Many thanks for that...
    English is very good... you should not worry *Smile

HJM

Hamymac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726 - Similar Threads - Mail sync error

2. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  3. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  4. Mail Sync Error 0x80072726 or 0x8007274c [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Mail Sync Error 0x80072726 or 0x8007274c [Fixed]: [ATTACH]When the Mail app does not work properly, you would probably receive an error message. If you encounter Windows Mail app Sync Error 0x80072726 or 0x8007274c on your computer, then please read through this article for the resolutions. We have discussed the causes and...
  5. Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app

Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app: Yes, I've made sure ALL my sync settings are fine. Somewhere in a recent Windows 10 update, my AOL account stopped syncing and I can't get it fixed. Anyone having this error? Any known fixes? I'm having same issue with Outlook AND Mail app now....
  6. Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99: Hello, I have an issue connecting an Exchange ActiveSync account to the built in Windows Mail App in Windows 10. The only information I have to work off is the error code: 0x80072f99....
  7. Windows Mail Sync Error

Windows Mail Sync Error: Hi There For the past few days my Windows 10 Mail struggles to sync new emails and send/receive. Mail and my emails worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I've followed lots of steps on other sites including: Reset mail settings > apps >advanced etc Uninstall...
  8. Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b

Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b: I tried to sync my gmail account to Mail App, but it turned out saying that 'something went wrong with error code 0x80000b'. When I tried to sync with my other gmail account, it works. However, there's only one email that it popped up with this error code. Could you...
  9. Outlook.com Windows 10 downloading email Error 0x80072726 Bellsouth

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Windows 10 downloading email Error 0x80072726 Bellsouth: Hi, I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Instructor and cannot figure out how to sync more than one migrated Outlook Express account. Get error code 0x80072726. After successfully syncing one account, I have spent 5 days trying to sync the second account....
  10. Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors

in Browsers and Email
    Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors: I've been busy to get Outlook on my tablet going since yesterday. I tried: 1. with 2 different mail apps on my tablet 2. with deleting and recreating accounts (outlook.com) all with default settings. Either there is an error : Network Sync Error or nothing happens...
Tags: