Windows 10: windows mail

Discus and support windows mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows defender working fine as I was told by users here. New question: Is there any reason to install windows mail, I have gmail mostly since... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wood, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

windows mail

Windows defender working fine as I was told by users here.

New question:

Is there any reason to install windows mail, I have gmail mostly since Verizon email is being discontinued, I used thunderbird to access Verizon email, their actual site is overly cluttered, imo, I also have yahoo but that annoys me a lot also because of freezes. I saw a page shot of windows mail, it looked like a web page with something in every pixel. I prefer only necessary items to be on page. So, is mail useful or not.

:)

2. Windows Defender Blocks Game from writing to User file.

This worked great. Thank you

OutlookE-Mail, Jun 11, 2017
  3. AT&T Tilt & Motorola H700 Bluetooth

I have the AT&T Tilt and tried using it with two different Motorola H700 bluetooth devices. My complaint is the range is very short (only about 3 or 4 feet) with both bluetooth devices. Sometimes it is necessary for me to hold the phone in my hand to maintain
    satisfactory communication. Question: Which bluetooth device on the market has the longest range with the AT&T Tilt?? I have read both good and bad comments about the H700. However, I am also suspicious of the AT&T Tilt as well. The reason is-- I experienced
    the same issues with the HTC 8125 phone also. So this possibly is a HTC problem.

Mail Bucket, Jun 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

windows mail

Hi, it depends if you are keen to have integration between devices, and with People (=contacts) and Calendar.

Expect a 3rd party client that's been around a while to be more feature rich. With Windows Mail, you don't have control of where email is stored.

Personally, I was messed around by MS with all their 'Now you see it, now you don't' approach to email clients after they withdrew Outlook Express through different Windows editions, I've stuck with Thunderbird. But I don't keep swapping devices...

By the way, as you know, Mail is installed by default; you get it anyway with a default Win 10 installation. If you remove it, you remove Calendar too.

dalchina, Jun 11, 2017
  5. Wood Win User
    I think I will stick with gmail

6. Helmut Win User
    Windows 10 comes with the Mail App and the linked People App(Contacts).
    You may as well just set that up with your Mail Accounts. It's OK with Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook Mail etc.

You can still use the Web Mail interfaces if you wish, you will have to at some point as there are many configuration pages.

If you find another suitable Mail Client then install that as well. It is up to you to try them.

Helmut, Jun 12, 2017
  7. I do miss Outlook Express. Since Win 10, I've stayed with gmail and have to say I'm happy with it.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows mail

1. windows mail - Similar Threads - mail

2. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  3. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  4. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  9. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade