Windows 10: Windows makes iPhone keep asking to allow access...

Discus and support Windows makes iPhone keep asking to allow access... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I connect my iPhone 8 iOS 11 to my Windows 10 desktop machine, the iPhone displays "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ixodid, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ixodid Win User

Windows makes iPhone keep asking to allow access...

Every time I connect my iPhone 8 iOS 11 to my Windows 10 desktop machine, the iPhone displays "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" with choices "Allow" and "Don't Allow".

Based on other forums' threads, I believe this is a Windows 10 issue. I have gone to Control Panel > Device Manager > Portable devices > Apple iPhone and chosen Update drivers and it says that the best drivers are already installed.

From Device Manager I uninstalled the iPhone and tried again with the same results.

This issue does not happen on my Win 7 machine.

Is there a way I can make Windows not ask to "Allow" every time I connect my iPhone?

Thank you

:)

ixodid, Jan 1, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

iphone not connecting to my pc

When you plug your iPhone into your Windows PC, you should see a message appear on your iPhone asking you whether it should ‘trust’ the computer. Trusting a computer allows it full access to your iPhone and all its data, which is what we want it to have.
    Unlock your iPhone and tap ‘Trust’ when the message appears . . .

DaveM121, Jan 1, 2018
  3. rchrugg Win User
    iPhone memory recognized but not accessible

I am hoping to help. I have an iphone running 10.3.3 and windows 10 creators. I am having the same exact problem and can't seem to find "allowing this PC to access iPhone data"

When I plug my iphone in, I get a message asking if I trust this computer, which I always respond to. Driving me nuts because I use the windows alot to access my photos.

Thanks

rchrugg, Jan 1, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hello, @ixodid. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

I've been a long time user of a Windows phone and PC, so it may be a little different. Also, used my phone with 8/8.1, not 7. 10 treats a phone a little different than 8/8.1, for it is now a part of Devices and Printers in the CP.

Try unlocking your phone before attaching to see if that makes a difference. Although mine doesn't give warning and I can see the phone in File Explorer, but I cannot see its folders/content unless I do.

What are your AutoPlay settings regarding your phone? Open Settings app (WinKey/I) > Devices > AutoPlay.

Is it registered in Devices and Printers? It should have done that upon first attachment.

Windows makes iPhone keep asking to allow access... [​IMG]

Tony K, Jan 2, 2018
  6. ixodid Win User
    Thanks, pepanee - I tried the fix in the first link, then all relevant sounding fixes in the second link. Those were all about iTunes and I didn't know iTunes had anything to do with Windows not finding photos on my iPhone. I tried them anyway and no luck.

ixodid, Jan 3, 2018
  7. ixodid Win User
    Hi HippsieGypsie,

I tried unlocking the phone first - no difference.

AutoPlay settings is Import pictures and videos (Windows).

The device is registered in Devices and Printers when it's attached.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated - thank you.

ixodid, Jan 3, 2018
  8. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Tony K Win User
    As it being registered in Devices and Printers my phone is seen even when not connected. It is blurred in this scenario.

When it's attached it's clear. If you right click yours when connected does it show a context menu to troubleshoot?

Tony K, Jan 3, 2018
  10. Tony K Win User
    Also, when you connected it the first time, did it load a driver for it? It's basically treated as a USB drive.

Tony K, Jan 3, 2018
  11. ixodid Win User
    ixodid, Jan 3, 2018
  12. ixodid Win User
    Yes, it does. When I connect the iPhone, two icons appear. I ran the troubleshooter on both entries.

On the Apple iPhone the result was "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

On the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver the result was "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0
    Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise click Cancel."

I'm using the front panel USB ports of a one-year-old Dell desktop PC. Would the rear ports possibly be USB 2.0?

Note: When the Apple iPhone icon is highlighted, the status at the bottom flashes about every second, as if it's constantly refreshing (the status is shown in the screenshot below). I mention this because it looks like unusual behavior.

ixodid, Jan 3, 2018
  13. Tony K Win User

Thanks for the updated brief. By all means it should not appear twice as you may know.

I think you may have a few things going on here. Your USB controllers may be messed up. "Overloaded with registration data to manage" so to speak. This happens when we insert USB devices in various slots instead of using the same. Mostly a Registry overload. The other may be the wrong driver for your phone, but we will see.

You may want to look at this to get glimpse: USB Device Registry Entries (Windows Drivers)

Let's see if we can find a tutorial, fixit, or a troubleshooter to fix it.

FYI, USB3 ports are usually blue whereas USB2 ports are black. Might depend on OEM, so you may want to check on the Dell site or your manual.

Tony K, Jan 3, 2018
  14. Tony K Win User
  15. ixodid Win User
    I attempted to run the Windows USB Troubleshooter but got this:

I looked at the USB Device Registry Entries page...

In that key there is no value DeviceInstance - only the (Default) value.

I drilled down into all 17 subkeys and none had the value DeviceInterfaceGUID.

The class, subclass, and protocol codes are available in case I need that data.

Does that give you any clues - or - what should I try next? (I really appreciate your time and trouble)

ixodid, Jan 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows makes iPhone keep asking to allow access... - Similar Threads - makes iPhone keep

2. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family Settings hoping to be able to change the age limit etc. When I do I get the...
  3. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family Settings hoping to be able to change the age limit etc. When I do I get the...
  4. Windows always asking if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows always asking if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device: Good eveningThere is an app that I use daily and daily I have to select 'Yes' whenever I open it for Windows always asks if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device.I tried everything to no avail.How do I make Windows to stop bugging me if that's possible for...
  5. Windows always asking if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device

Windows always asking if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device: Good eveningThere is an app that I use daily and daily I have to select 'Yes' whenever I open it for Windows always asks if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device.I tried everything to no avail.How do I make Windows to stop bugging me if that's possible for...
  6. Windows always asking if I want to allow such app to make changes to my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key: Hi TeamSo i keep getting a pop up on multiple programs, one even being netflix to allow a CryptoAPI Private Key, the issue i have is that the message really has no information, i dont know if it was netflix, or another program wanting access so i said no but it keeps...
  8. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key: Hi TeamSo i keep getting a pop up on multiple programs, one even being netflix to allow a CryptoAPI Private Key, the issue i have is that the message really has no information, i dont know if it was netflix, or another program wanting access so i said no but it keeps...
  9. Minecraft asking permission for parental access after giving always allow access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft asking permission for parental access after giving always allow access: Windows 10, Minecraft. ALWAYS wants to ask for permissions, profile says "always allow" but keeps asking for permissions. Have never been able to let my kid play. ANYBODY got an idea how to get this to work? ***Original title: family permissions problem***...
  10. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iphone connect problems pc allow this device to access all photos and video keep