Windows Maps App does not work

Discus and support Windows Maps App does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen: [img] I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abacus, Jun 13, 2018.

1. abacus Win User

When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen:

Windows Maps App does not work [​IMG]

I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the screen locks up - that is, nothing happens when I click on Offline maps, and nothing else can be clicked on the screen, other that the "x" in the corner to close the screen.

I do not use the Maps app very much, so I have no information about what happened just before the app quit working. What can I do to diagnose and fix the problem?

Thanks.

:)

abacus, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jmack356 Win User

Maps app not working...?

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds.
    I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The app uninstalled cleanly and after a quick restart it was gone from my Start Menu.
    I went to the store and found it again (Windows Maps) and reinstalled.
    Still no luck - same behavior - it tries to load then shuts down.
    Any suggestions?
    FWIW, it works fine on my desktop running the same OS - Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance...

jmack356, Jun 14, 2018
  3. vallero Win User
    Windows MAPS not working

Suddenly Maps doesn't work. When I open the program I see a light blue screen with a dot indicating my home location, and nothing else.
    I have tried everything that has been suggested:
    Ensuring that my location is turned on.
    Maps is checked ON to use my precise location.

I deleted the app using Powershell, rebooted and installed Maps from the Windows store.
    Still the same problem persists.

When Maps worked I found it to be a very useful program and I would very much like to solve whatever problem Maps has.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

vallero, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Vanessa Sohtun Win User

Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Maps App does not work - Similar Threads - Maps App does

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. window update

window update: How to overcome window update Error 0x800705b4 in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-update/d45e562a-2f23-465d-bec7-3a7940e8832f
  4. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  6. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  7. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  8. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  9. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  10. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...