Windows Maps App does not work

Discus and support Windows Maps App does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen: [img] I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abacus, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:12 PM.

1. abacus Win User

When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen:

[​IMG]

I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the screen locks up - that is, nothing happens when I click on Offline maps, and nothing else can be clicked on the screen, other that the "x" in the corner to close the screen.

I do not use the Maps app very much, so I have no information about what happened just before the app quit working. What can I do to diagnose and fix the problem?

Thanks.

:)

2. jmack356 Win User

Maps app not working...?

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds.
    I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The app uninstalled cleanly and after a quick restart it was gone from my Start Menu.
    I went to the store and found it again (Windows Maps) and reinstalled.
    Still no luck - same behavior - it tries to load then shuts down.
    Any suggestions?
    FWIW, it works fine on my desktop running the same OS - Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance...

3. vallero Win User
    Windows MAPS not working

Suddenly Maps doesn't work. When I open the program I see a light blue screen with a dot indicating my home location, and nothing else.
    I have tried everything that has been suggested:
    Ensuring that my location is turned on.
    Maps is checked ON to use my precise location.

I deleted the app using Powershell, rebooted and installed Maps from the Windows store.
    Still the same problem persists.

When Maps worked I found it to be a very useful program and I would very much like to solve whatever problem Maps has.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

4. Vanessa Sohtun Win User

Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:49 AM
Thema:

Windows Maps App does not work - Similar Threads - Maps App does

1. Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location: Hi, I almost never use the apps MS supplies. Reading a post, I thought I'd try Maps, and in particular its Directions feature. However, the starting point can never be found. I get Try entering a nearby location as the starting point. We couldn't find this one. I've tried...
  2. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  3. Microsoft Maps App

Microsoft Maps App: Currently have Microsoft Maps app on my W10 Microsoft phone (nokia 640). It seems pretty good, but wondering if anybody has tried any other GPS SW i.e. Google maps, WAZE, HERE or others and how does it compare?? TX 92847
  4. Insider Preview App Update - Maps App version 5.1703.707.0

Insider Preview App Update - Maps App version 5.1703.707.0: Maps App version 5.1703.707.0 Applicable Rings: Windows Insider Slow Maps now supports multiple stops when getting directions Planning a road trip? Want to make an extra stop somewhere along your way? Maps can now take you from A to B…and then to C, D, and E! We...
  5. Insider Preview App Update - Maps App version 5.1611.3191.0

Insider Preview App Update - Maps App version 5.1611.3191.0: Maps App Update: version 5.1611.3191.0 for PC and Mobile Applicable Rings: Fast Store update Be our local expert! The world is changing all the time, and sometimes we don’t get everything right. Maybe a restaurant you wanted to try is now closed forever, or perhaps...
  6. Insider Preview App update - Maps App version 5.1705.1391

Insider Preview App update - Maps App version 5.1705.1391: Maps App version 5.1705.1391Applicable Ring: Windows Insider Fast for PC and Mobile Sort and filter hotels and restaurants in search results (limited market availability) Updated visual design Source: Feedback Hub 85182
  7. Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update

Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update: Windows 10 Creators Update: What’s new with Maps? In the Windows 10 Creators Update, we’ve revamped the Windows Maps platform. Our updated data pipeline paves the way for improvements to our global map data. This also allows us to react more quickly to user feedback (e.g....
Windows Maps App does not work solved