Windows 10: Windows Maps App does not work

Discus and support Windows Maps App does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen: [img] I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abacus, Jun 13, 2018.

1. abacus Win User

Windows Maps App does not work

When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen:

Windows Maps App does not work [​IMG]

I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the screen locks up - that is, nothing happens when I click on Offline maps, and nothing else can be clicked on the screen, other that the "x" in the corner to close the screen.

I do not use the Maps app very much, so I have no information about what happened just before the app quit working. What can I do to diagnose and fix the problem?

Thanks.

:)

abacus, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jmack356 Win User

Maps app not working...?

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds.
    I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The app uninstalled cleanly and after a quick restart it was gone from my Start Menu.
    I went to the store and found it again (Windows Maps) and reinstalled.
    Still no luck - same behavior - it tries to load then shuts down.
    Any suggestions?
    FWIW, it works fine on my desktop running the same OS - Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance...

jmack356, Jun 14, 2018
  3. vallero Win User
    Windows MAPS not working

Suddenly Maps doesn't work. When I open the program I see a light blue screen with a dot indicating my home location, and nothing else.
    I have tried everything that has been suggested:
    Ensuring that my location is turned on.
    Maps is checked ON to use my precise location.

I deleted the app using Powershell, rebooted and installed Maps from the Windows store.
    Still the same problem persists.

When Maps worked I found it to be a very useful program and I would very much like to solve whatever problem Maps has.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

vallero, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Windows Maps App does not work

Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Maps App does not work

1. Windows Maps App does not work - Similar Threads - Maps App does

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  5. Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work: Open a photo with win 10 photo viewer that has location information in the image and it displays a small map of the image's location. Under this small map, it has a button "Open Map" that has not worked for many months now. Click on it and nothing happens. I have posted this...
  6. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  7. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  8. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  9. Maps app not working...?

Maps app not working...?: Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds. I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)...
  10. windows 10 map app not working

windows 10 map app not working: This is on a dell venue pro 11 tablet with windows 10 pro. I downloaded an offline map in settings, then map app would not load. When I click on map, it pop up for 3 seconds then gone. I tried run App troubleshooter. It did not find any problem. how to fix this ? 36950