Windows 10: Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

Discus and support Windows Maps Opens and then crashes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot set a default location because windows maps opens and then crashes... It had my default location before I don't know why it doesn't now. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rammstein420, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

I cannot set a default location because windows maps opens and then crashes... It had my default location before I don't know why it doesn't now. Is there a way to enter your location without windows maps? My network connection seems to be slower since this happened.

:)

Rammstein420, Jan 2, 2018

2. Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

Hi Kyle,

An unstable internet connection might be the reason why you can't set a default location on your PC.

Have you checked if the same slow connection occurs on a different device? If yes, then this might be it!

Have you also tried checking if Maps is turned to ON under the Choose apps that can use your precise location option from Location settings? If not, here's how:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then choose Location from the left pane.
    • Scroll down until you reach the Choose apps that can use your precise location field.
    • Toggle Maps to ON.

You may also run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with your Windows
    applications, including the Maps app.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

I cannot set a default location because windows maps opens and then crashes... It had my default location before I don't know why it doesn't now. Is there a way to enter your location without windows maps? My network connection seems to be slower since
    this happened.

Kyle Brandtjen, Jan 2, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

Try resetting your Windows Maps app. To do this go to Settings, Apps and Features, select Maps and click on Advanced Options.

Windows Maps Opens and then crashes. [​IMG]

In the advanced options you can select Reset.

Windows Maps Opens and then crashes. [​IMG]

philc43, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows Maps Opens and then crashes.

1. Windows Maps Opens and then crashes. - Similar Threads - Maps Opens crashes

2. Windows Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Maps: When you run Window Maps, there is a notice displayed that Maps will no longer display additional downloaded maps as of 1 January 2024.Does anyone know how Maps is going to work when not connected to the internet?OS: Windows 11 Pro v 23H2 Build 22631.2506...
  3. Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work: Open a photo with win 10 photo viewer that has location information in the image and it displays a small map of the image's location. Under this small map, it has a button "Open Map" that has not worked for many months now. Click on it and nothing happens. I have posted this...
  4. Csgo map loading crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Csgo map loading crash: This started to happen out of nowhere today morning as usual i start csgo and choose the map to play on, the map loading screen is displayed where the loading bar fills up partially and then out of nowhere csgo application closes without any warning or message this never...
  5. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  6. Photo viewer will not link to Maps and crashes

Photo viewer will not link to Maps and crashes: When a photo file has gps data, Photos file information shows a map indicating the location. Previously I could click on "Open map" under the map to open Maps app. Now I get no response and the Photos app crashes after several seconds. Has anybody any idea about what has...
  7. Maps app won't open

Maps app won't open: When i open the app it launch but after a few seconds it close by itself! Any fix please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app-wont-open/f7cfd655-587b-418a-a488-3d0e4011064b
  8. How to fix Map App (Crashes on Windows 10)?

How to fix Map App (Crashes on Windows 10)?: I installed windows 10 Pro Version 1809. I wanted to set my default location but the Maps app crashes all the time. This is the detail in the log of the event viewer. Any idea how to solve this problem? Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date:...
  9. Open and Use Character Map in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Character Map in Windows: How to: Open and Use Character Map in Windows How to Open and Use Character Map in Windows You can use Character Map to view the characters that are available for a selected font. Character Map displays the following character sets: Windows DOS Unicode You can copy...
  10. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps: I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job. So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps. I cannot get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows maps crashes opening 2018