Windows 10: windows maximizing behind active window

Discus and support windows maximizing behind active window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, A few months ago I upgraded my HP Envy laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Right around that time, I started experiencing an inconvenience - when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3point1, Apr 21, 2016.

1. 3point1 Win User

windows maximizing behind active window

Hello,
    A few months ago I upgraded my HP Envy laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Right around that time, I started experiencing an inconvenience - when I click on, say a link in an email, instead of opening my browser/new tab and bringing it to the front, it maximizes /behind/ my active window. This HAS to be a setting somewhere - but where?

:)

3point1, Apr 21, 2016

2. Programs Maximizing Behind Current Window in windows 10

Hi,

This issue can be caused by certain program installed on your computer.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Does the issue occur in all applications you are trying to open?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to place your computer in Clean Boot state as below and check whether the issue persists or not.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 21, 2016
  3. EzzatAgha Win User
    Programs Maximizing Behind Current Window in windows 10

Good day Sir, Madame,

I have done a clean boot and the problem has stopped.

The big question is...

What now? How do we find out which program it is?

Thank you very much

EzzatAgha, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

windows maximizing behind active window

1. windows maximizing behind active window - Similar Threads - maximizing behind active

2. Cannot maximize windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot maximize windows: Just installed W10 and ANYTHING I click on puts an icon on the taskbar BUT won't maximize so I can do anything. This seems utterly rudimentary but I can't figure it out. If I mouse over the icons in the taskbar they expand to the little 1.5" x 1.5" mini window as shown in the...
  3. Windows are all maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are all maximized: For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-are-all-maximized/a1abff87-d4c2-4a99-8aa3-bcef4d24316c
  4. windows won't maximize or restore

windows won't maximize or restore: All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire suggestions?...
  5. Unable to maximize a window

Unable to maximize a window: After upgrading to windows 10 windows opened on taskbar and would not maximize. I can select Start button and open an application like Word but it also opens in thumbnail like window on the taskbar and canot be maximized. Already try dism /online /cleanup-image...
  6. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..: Hey All, I just noticed under Win 10 when I maximize a Windows like IE11 it does not fully open to the borders of the screen.. this happens on the bottom and right side of the window in question.. Now I found I can press Windows key + Right Arrow an then the window...
  8. Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Maximizes Every Window: Each time I double click an app or program screen (for example: read an email while I have Outlook opened), the clicked on automatically goes to full screen. The icon in the upper right corner indicates the double window (maximized) but clicking on it does not work to make...
  9. New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade: I have two win 10 PC behaving the same way after downloading manually the recent complete upgrade from Microsoft. I have looked at all the info here and elsewhere and checked ForgroundLockoutTime etc. with no success. New screen just open behind. One program even flashes...
  10. No hints for maximized windows

in Windows 10 Support
    No hints for maximized windows: Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop. If I maximize a window then hints are turned off as though I'm in tablet mode which I am not. Sometimes this doesn't happen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window is maximizing behind the current screen