Windows 10: windows maximizing behind active window

Discus and support windows maximizing behind active window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, A few months ago I upgraded my HP Envy laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Right around that time, I started experiencing an inconvenience - when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3point1, Apr 21, 2016.

1. 3point1 Win User

windows maximizing behind active window

Hello,
    A few months ago I upgraded my HP Envy laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Right around that time, I started experiencing an inconvenience - when I click on, say a link in an email, instead of opening my browser/new tab and bringing it to the front, it maximizes /behind/ my active window. This HAS to be a setting somewhere - but where?

:)

3point1, Apr 21, 2016

2. Programs Maximizing Behind Current Window in windows 10

Hi,

This issue can be caused by certain program installed on your computer.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Does the issue occur in all applications you are trying to open?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to place your computer in Clean Boot state as below and check whether the issue persists or not.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 21, 2016
  3. EzzatAgha Win User
    Programs Maximizing Behind Current Window in windows 10

Good day Sir, Madame,

I have done a clean boot and the problem has stopped.

The big question is...

What now? How do we find out which program it is?

Thank you very much

EzzatAgha, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

windows maximizing behind active window

1. windows maximizing behind active window - Similar Threads - maximizing behind active

2. Bottom of maximized windows is being displayed behind the taskbar repeatedly since Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom of maximized windows is being displayed behind the taskbar repeatedly since Windows 11: Hello all,since I upgraded my Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 I frequently run into a problem with the displayed size of my programs. If a window is mazimized not in full screen the bottem is displayed behind the taskbar. Details like Word count in MS Word or the messege...
  3. Bottom of maximized windows is being displayed behind the taskbar repeatedly since Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bottom of maximized windows is being displayed behind the taskbar repeatedly since Windows 11: Hello all,since I upgraded my Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 I frequently run into a problem with the displayed size of my programs. If a window is mazimized not in full screen the bottem is displayed behind the taskbar. Details like Word count in MS Word or the messege...
  4. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  5. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  6. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

7. How do I get the WIn11 taskbar to go *behind* my maximized windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the WIn11 taskbar to go *behind* my maximized windows?: Not much more to add beyond the subject line, but i'll mention that many web-sites use the bottom of the page for transient notifications and the statusbar, which I never see because taskbar want to paint itself on top....
  8. How do I get the WIn11 taskbar to go *behind* my maximized windows?

How do I get the WIn11 taskbar to go *behind* my maximized windows?: Not much more to add beyond the subject line, but i'll mention that many web-sites use the bottom of the page for transient notifications and the statusbar, which I never see because taskbar want to paint itself on top....
  9. Maximized Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window: How do you fix this?Basically when I drag a window. no matter where I place it on the screen. it will always go maximize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximized-window/ca519072-6775-4af9-b11f-ff5c83203682
  10. Taskbar hiding behind maximized window in Windows 10 Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar hiding behind maximized window in Windows 10 Dual Monitor: i'm using windows 10 with a dual monitor setupafter some random time using the computer the taskbar which is set to auto-hide will keep hidden behind any maximized window and won't pop up when the mouse is hovered over the edge of the screen.the only way of making it appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window is maximizing behind the current screen