Windows 10: Windows Media Center

Discus and support Windows Media Center in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by z3r010, Sep 30, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Windows Media Center

I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party

Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center.

:)

z3r010, Sep 30, 2014

2. windows media center in windows ten

Don't confuse Windows Media Player with Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center is the issue in this thread. Windows 10 will not include Windows Media Center.

daveocampo, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Is Media Center supported in Windows 10?

No. Persons who need to use Media Center should consider carefully before upgrading from their previous version of Windows. The Windows 10 upgrade will automatically remove any installations of Media Center.

So what are the alternatives if I need Media Center?

Your best option is to continue running your existing version of Windows with Media Center.

• Windows 7 editions that include Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2020.
    • Windows 8 Pro with Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2023.
    Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows
    Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2014
  4. derekimo Win User

Windows Media Center

I just used mine too, those ones they were giving away a while back.

Changed my watermark too.

derekimo, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    When I tried to install over Windows 8.1 with Media Center, it said I could not as long as Media Center was installed. I was thinking it was the Enterprise thing.

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014
  6. ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  7. Jazz Win User
    Insider Program only Support for SKU's Pro and Enterprise...
    If you use Key ProWMC, you can't get next update Build *Smile

Jazz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Center

1. Windows Media Center - Similar Threads - Media Center

2. Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-get-windows-8-windows-media-center/56e087dd-1490-4b79-8602-6986bc5aaa76
  3. Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-get-windows-8-windows-media-center/56e087dd-1490-4b79-8602-6986bc5aaa76
  4. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  5. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  6. How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360: How do i install or upgrade microsoft media center on xbox 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-new-microsoft-media-center-to-xbox/b99d6906-1118-435c-ac74-78dffd9efa80
  7. How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360

How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360: How do i install or upgrade microsoft media center on xbox 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-new-microsoft-media-center-to-xbox/b99d6906-1118-435c-ac74-78dffd9efa80
  8. Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center: So im trying to connect my laptop Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 to a samsung tv to share a screen wirreless. So my network to the laptop comes from my phone's mobile data laptop has wifi 5ghz the tv doest support that freq so i share the network from my laptop to the tv at 2.4Ghz so...
  9. Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center

Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center: So im trying to connect my laptop Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 to a samsung tv to share a screen wirreless. So my network to the laptop comes from my phone's mobile data laptop has wifi 5ghz the tv doest support that freq so i share the network from my laptop to the tv at 2.4Ghz so...
  10. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78