Windows 10: Windows media creation tool problem

Discus and support Windows media creation tool problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello peeps,Ive had this problem where i would open the media creation tool,choose upgrade this PC and it would download,i left it to download and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by camthemanzx, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Windows media creation tool problem

Hello peeps,Ive had this problem where i would open the media creation tool,choose upgrade this PC and it would download,i left it to download and i looked and it was on 98% and i looked away for a bit looked back and i think it completed but it just shut down,no errors or messages telling me anything,so i started the tool again and it wants me to download it again,whats the problem?help please. Cam

:)

camthemanzx, Apr 9, 2016
  2. NicKontos Win User

Problem with Media Creation Tool

i tried to re install my windows 10 with the use of Media Creation Tool but it says that " We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. If you continue experiencing problems, reference the error code when contracting costumer
    support. Error code: 0x80072EE4 - 0x20000". I tried troubleshooter but didn't work. How to fix this?

NicKontos, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Problem with Media creation tool .

Hi Pushkal,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I would like to know, Which Windows version you are using?

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Delete files using Disk Cleanup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...nup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-8

I would recommend you to refer to the following micorsoft article on Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

You can download and upgrade to Windows 10 through ISO.

Refer to the following Microsoft article to download Windows 10 ISO.

Download Windows 10

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows media creation tool problem

What is your intention with Media Creation Tool ?
    Are you planning to install Windows 10 over your Windows 7 Home Premium ?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Open the Media Creation Tool link again > scroll down to Download Tool now and click the button.
    click Run > select Create installation media for another PC
    That will start downloading the iso to your computer.
    Make sure you know where the download is going to be saved to.

After that, you have several choices:
    1. Burn the iso file to a bootable dvd or usb, and use it for a Clean Install.
    2. Use the iso file itself and do an In-place Upgrade Install.( use Step #7 )

Whichever way you decide, make sure you create a Win 7 Home Premium installation disc, or a set of Recovery disks.
    That will be you "Plan B" in case things go awry.

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Im trying to upgrade to win 10 from win 7 because my win 7 has a lot of problems and iv tried to fix them but i can't and i dont have a restore point or a installation disc and my os is OEM so i dont think i can install win 10 through a clean install because im not sure if my product key will work(Am i correct in saying that)Thats why i just wanted to upgrade so i didn't have to input a key.How can i create a plan B if i dont have a installation or recovery disc. Thanks alot.

Cam

camthemanzx, Apr 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    First, see if you can follow the instructions and download the Windows 10 ISO file.
    Please post back afterwards.

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Ok im downloading it through the media tool and il answer you tomorrow,but i still need to know how to make a plan B if i want to install the ISO,thanks.

camthemanzx, Apr 9, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

How to Create a System Image Backup in Windows 7
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ge-backup.html

I cannot say for every make and model running Windows 7.
    In my Acer laptop which was preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium, there is an option to create a set of Factory Default disks. Mine requires 4 dvds.
    Open your Windows 7 > left side, click All Programs.
    Look for it. The terminology may be different, but the meaning( what it is for) should be obvious.

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  9. camthemanzx, Apr 9, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    RE : Is a system image the same as the factory things?
    No. Completely different.

System image is about "rolling back " the system to the condition when system image was created.
    "factory thing" is to set the system back to the very FIRST time it was taken out from the packing box. The way it was when came out from the factory.

RE : I found this How to Create a Recovery Disk for a Dell Laptop Running Windows 8 - Data Recovery - Laptop Tech Support would it be that

Is your computer a Dell ?
    You are running Win 7 . Yes ?
    Don't use something that is not applicable to your computer.
    I asked you to look for an option from All Programs list. Why don't you give it a go ?

RE : I prefer win 7 anyways because i was only upgrading because i thought i had no other choice.

I cannot find the tutorial compiled by our Admin, Brink.
    So, I have to give you this tutorial instead...........................
    How to stop Win 7 and Win 8 from downloading Win 10 automatically
    http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how-...automatically/

davidhk, Apr 10, 2016
  11. Ok il check it out tomorrow and get back to you because im writing this from my phone

camthemanzx, Apr 10, 2016
  12. Okay i didn't really have time today,sorry for not responding but i did find out what my recovery program was(its the one i linked you to) but i think i installed it off my computer so I'm reinstalling it but go and error and it said updating PE environment(what does that mean because that got to 33% and has got stuck)I'm so sick of things going wrong one after the other *Mad ,iv had loads more problems before this just to get to where i am now.IL try again a different time tomorrow if i have time.Please feel free to suggest anything to help.Thanks.

Cam

13. davidhk Win User

@camthemanzx

You seem to be perfectly satisfied with Win 7.
    Why don't you just simply stay with Windows 7 and save all the time and aggravation ?
    I gave you a link on how to stop Win 7 from downloading Windows 10. Use it.

davidhk, Apr 10, 2016
  14. No i love win 7 dont get me wrong,but i want a factory new win 7 because im not satisfied with it at the moment, and i didn't think i could clean install win7 because i had a OEM license. Thats when i thought of upgrading to win 10 to get a new OS.(plus i don't mind win10,i just would prefer win 7)

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can clean install Windows 7 with an OEM license - if your computer has a COA sticker on it with a Product Key printed on it. You can also clean install Windows 10 with a Windows 7 OEM license. The most reliable way to do that is this way:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

Once you get Windows 10 installed once with a digital entitlement (which the above method provides), then you can re-install Windows 10 on that same computer without having to enter any product key and it will activate by retrieving the digital entitlement from Microsoft.

Here's a way of downloading Windows 7 ISO files from Microsoft Tech Bench if you don't have a Windows 7 installation DVD/USB:
    Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 ISO Official Direct Download Links from Microsoft Tech Bench - Tech Journey

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows media creation tool problem - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Problems with the Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the Media Creation Tool.: Split from this thread. I've downloaded the media creation tool, watched it check for issues, make file changes. It tells me it's going to restart my computer several times, but only does that once and then the process stops. Have I done something incorrectly or might there...
  3. Problems with the Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the Media Creation Tool.: Split from this thread. I've downloaded the media creation tool, watched it check for issues, make file changes. It tells me it's going to restart my computer several times, but only does that once and then the process stops. Have I done something incorrectly or might there...
  4. problem using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  5. windows 10 media creation tool problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 media creation tool problem: in the creation tool i downloaded and ran as admin in the edition it just says windows 10 it wont let you choose other wise and needs to be fixed so just to let you guys know that might wanna look into it so yeah...
  6. Problem with Microsoft Media Creation Tool

Problem with Microsoft Media Creation Tool: Is there something wrong with Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool? Thrice I have tried to download the Windows 10 ISO, and each time, after almost 18 hours had elapsed and the progress of the download had neared completion, the following message kept popping up: There was a...
  7. Problems with Media Creation Tool

Problems with Media Creation Tool: Trying to setup Media Creation Tool...have used previously but now it will not 'install/setup' per attached jpg ? What could I be doing wrong here... ? Trying to do repair install of my Win 10 Pro 64bit system... Thanks....TiminAz 68219
  8. media creation tool problem

media creation tool problem: hello i want to upgrade my pc to win 10 when i want to download from media creation tool , after choosing upgrade this pc [img] please help me and thank you 9502
  9. Media Creation Tool Problems

Media Creation Tool Problems: Hi, Hope someone can help here. More Windows 10 s**t that is driving me mad! D/loaded the media creation tool hoping to put Win 10 on a USB to repair my daughters Win 10 installation on an ASUS eeePC (no optical drive). Running the tool on a Win 7 Home pc (64-bit)...
  10. Problem with the Media creation tool

Problem with the Media creation tool: I download the Windows image twice via the media creation tool. The file sizes though same, had different hashes(SHA1). If the images are identical, why the different hashes. Needless to say, the hashes don't obviously match with their MSDN counterpart. Why is this...