Windows 10: Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Discus and support Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the latest Win10 build 1511 (Nov 2015) and have enabled Media Streaming. My WMP12 shows my Denon receiver in the "Cast To" drop down but it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mijas1999, Nov 28, 2015.

1. mijas1999 Win User

Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

I have the latest Win10 build 1511 (Nov 2015) and have enabled Media Streaming. My WMP12 shows my Denon receiver in the "Cast To" drop down but it just plays tracks on my Surface Pro 2.
    Any ideas? I have rebooted etc. to no effect.....

:)

mijas1999, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Hi Mijas,

Thank you for the update.

We would extend the support as best as we can forums but don't want to leave you disappointed and missing any possible chance to troubleshoot the issue if it could be resolved. Please let us know the results of the methods suggested in the previous response
    and we'd love help to help you further. Please be informed to quote error codes or messages (if any).

Thanks again for your time!

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions and check if it works,

1.What happens when you try to cast a playlist?

2.Was it working fine before installing latest update 1511(Nov 2015 update)?

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Anup Karkal, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

1. Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting - Similar Threads - Media Player Casting

2. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/91ba6939-5bdb-4fd6-a536-aeace737c972
  3. windows media player 12

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player 12: Running windows 10, how to I stop my external HD from rapidly working every time I open windows media player 12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/7f9cc332-6e1e-42a0-9970-55d0f3b1b43f
  4. Media Player - Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player - Cast to Device: New problem. When I 'Cast to Device' an entire album, previously used to play all tracks, but now only plays one track, then I need to manually hit the play button in the 'Cast to Device Window' to move to the next track. I want the whole album to play automatically....
  5. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player 12: I'm creating Playlists in Media Player but in the left hand column I can only display 5 playlists at a time. I know the rest are there still because they show in the directory they are in and if I click on the 'Playlists' icon in the left panel they all appear in the centre...
  6. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  7. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 12: Hello would love some help with this I moved to windows 10 just the other day set it all up everthing was fine till windows installed the update to version 1809, ever since then WMP12 will not load, habe unistalled and reinstalled but still no joy have read a few site's and...
  8. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  9. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  10. windows media player 12

windows media player 12: can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. need help here... 14082