Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly, wont play mp3 or wav

Discus and support Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly, wont play mp3 or wav in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have WMP12 Win10 64bit. It was playing WAVs and MP3s fine, but suddenly stopped working. Cant find a WMP12 download anywhere to try reinstall. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Bansaw Win User

I have WMP12 Win10 64bit.
    It was playing WAVs and MP3s fine, but suddenly stopped working.

Cant find a WMP12 download anywhere to try reinstall.

I also have asio4all on my computer but thats not active I believe.
    Groove Music plays all fine. Why has WMP12 stopped wortking?

:)

Bansaw, Jul 3, 2018
  2. kay 9 Win User

Windows 10 Media Player will not play mp3

Windows 10 Media Player will not play mp3 and wav files that were backed up from My Music in windows 7. Is there a download that I can install?

kay 9, Jul 3, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL Win User
    THRiLL KiLL, Jul 3, 2018
  4. john carlogogolin Win User

Cant Play Media files like MP3

Hello

i bought new laptop with installed Windows 10 Home Singe Language

at first I've updated the whole Apps. including the Groove Music all my albums of MP3's transferred into this machine and i've played the mp3 files and its working. Suddenly my mp3's wont play i tested on Windows Media player it wont work too i tried to download
    from appstore some music player it totally wont work either.

pleas help me...

john carlogogolin, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly, wont play mp3 or wav - Similar Threads - Media Player stopped

2. runtime error of vlc media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    runtime error of vlc media player: runtime error of VLC Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/runtime-error-of-vlc-media-player/48cf8679-4956-435b-9ca9-acec006d4bc6
  3. Windows media player will not play mp4!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player will not play mp4!: Why is MS being such an ASS and not providing the codec to play the files. Just spent $5000 on a worthless computer because of you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-will-not-play-mp4/17c48516-49cb-4b46-9e4f-eb738c1da3b1
  4. Windows media player MusicMatch-ssl.xboxlive.com not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player MusicMatch-ssl.xboxlive.com not working: Seems the musicmatch feature isn't working on Windows Media player these days. When I try to update the meta data for new albums the site doesn't load. Any suggestion's out there....
  5. Windows media player version 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player version 12: I added some new mp3 files to the folder that holds all my songs for WMP 12. How do I update the player to recognize the new songs added?...
  6. Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly

Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly: I have WMP12 Win10 64bit. It was playing WAVs and MP3s fine, but suddenly stopped working. Cant find a WMP12 download anywhere to try reinstall. I also have asio4all on my computer but thats not active I believe. Groove Music plays all fine. Why has WMP12 stopped wortking?...
  7. Windows Media Player stops playing .mkv video after updating to 1709

Windows Media Player stops playing .mkv video after updating to 1709: Hey, I only update windows 10 about twice a year, because well frankly, it always causes some essential function to stop working. I just updated from 1607 to 1709 last week and noticed Windows Media Player no longer plays .mkv files, well... it plays the audio but not the...
  8. How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point

How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point: I would like to stop WMP 12.0 from resuming playback at the last stop position in a file. I have checked through Tools>Options but can't find a setting for this. Is there a registry teak, available? Thanks in advance, Paul. 99974
  9. Windows Media Player stopped running

Windows Media Player stopped running: Hi folks, I have been using WMP since Windows 7 and although it has some faults I am used to it and it does what I need it to do. A week (maybe more?) ago it just stopped working ... completely *Sad When I open the program I get the Welcome to Windows Media Player...
  10. Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.

Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.: I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load. I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file...