Windows 10: Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive

Discus and support Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, first post, so please be gentle. I have performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro onto a new HDD I put into my desktop PC, with all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rakhurst, Oct 13, 2015.

1. rakhurst Win User

Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive

Hello All, first post, so please be gentle.

I have performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro onto a new HDD I put into my desktop PC, with all my media still on a separate 1TB HDD D: drive.

I've subsequently organised the shared folders on my D: drive into the appropriate media library's in Windows Media Player, however, when I view the media library on my PlayStation 3, the D: drive folders aren't displayed.

Now when I view the various library's in Windows Media Player, all the D: folders are shown as "unresponsive". I've tried removing and re-adding the folders and re-building the library, but that didn't help. If I add a folder on the C: drive, no problem, but any folder I add from the D: drive shows as unresponsive.

I did some Google searching, and made sure they were being indexed, which they weren't, however, when clicking "modify" and "show all locations", D: doesn't show up as an available drive to index.

I've thought about un-mounting and then re-mounting D: drive, but have no idea whether that would help or not, so it's over to you guys for help.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Cheers.

:)

rakhurst, Oct 13, 2015
  2. Gomtuu Win User

Music files from computer are inaccessible vie Midea streaming on Windows 10

I was running version 1511(OS Build 10586.545). I've installed the anniversary update. The first thing I checked was the Media Player streaming menu. It showed the option to enable streaming. I know this was enabled before the update but I enabled it again.
    The problem still existed as before but I did notice something else in Media Player. In the Manage Libraries option of the Organize menu I could see that the folders for some of the media locations were tagged as "unresponsive". It seems curious that I could
    see all the folders on my TV but not the files. I deleted the unresponsive folder locations in Media Player and then re-selected them. That seems to have fixed the problem. I believe that instead of using drive letters (C:\... or D:\...) the volume serial
    number is used. So if you replace a drive and even copy all the old data back it will have problems accessing the data via DLNA.

Gomtuu, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with finding album information in Windows Media Player.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Windows Media Player settings.

• Corrupt Windows Media player library database.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Windows Media Player Library Troubleshooter.

a. Press “Windows Key + W”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Click on Programs and click on Windows Media Player Library Troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to rebuild the Windows Media player library database and check if it helps.

a. Exit Windows Media Player.

b. Press Windows Key + R in keyboard to open Run, type
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.

c. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete
    on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

d. Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 13, 2015
  4. rakhurst Win User

Hi All, for those interested...

I ended up moving all my media from D: across to C: which took around 4 hours to complete, then re-formatted D:, before copying it all back across to D: again.

Once this completed, I set up the Windows Media Player libraries again, and now my PS3 can once again see and stream the folder contents.

I'm sure this wasn't the only/correct fix for this, but worked in my case.

rakhurst, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive - Similar Threads - Media Player library

2. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  3. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player folder in library limit problem: Hello, My name is Alex Triantafyllou and I use windows media player and in my library/music/folder i choose a folder that i would like to listen which has 5375 songs and again and again inside the folder on windows media player there is a limit to 5000 songs and i miss the...
  4. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

Windows media player folder in library limit problem: Hello, My name is Alex Triantafyllou and I use windows media player and in my library/music/folder i choose a folder that i would like to listen which has 5375 songs and again and again inside the folder on windows media player there is a limit to 5000 songs and i miss the...
  5. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  7. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  8. Windows Media player library is corrupted

9. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  10. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I add a folder to media player library it is unresponsive

2. windows media player drive unresponsive

3. windows media player unresponsive library

4. media player noresponsive folder,
  5. windows media player music file is unresponsive