Windows 10: Windows Media player and sound not working correctly

Discus and support Windows Media player and sound not working correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 10. Windows Media Player lists the song titles of my music library in white on white now.. If I select my Line 6 UX1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yellowfin, Aug 22, 2015.

1. yellowfin Win User

Windows Media player and sound not working correctly

I recently updated to windows 10. Windows Media Player lists the song titles of my music library in white on white now.. If I select my Line 6 UX1 toneport as the default player, it will not play any files. Rather it will put a red x by the library files and say file not found. Windows Media Player only works with speakers and headphones IDT high definition device selected as default. This was never an issue with Windows 7. My line 6 speakers now only work with my line 6 gearbox software and my Ableton recording software. Any time I try to test the Line 6 speakers, it says audio test failed.

:)

yellowfin, Aug 22, 2015

2. Windows music player do not work, no sound.

Hi George,

It is unusual that the audio will not work only Windows media player.

- Did you try playing a different file format?

- Are you trying to play a video or an audio file?

Meanwhile, while playing the file in media player, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "volume mixer". Make sure the volume is correctly set for Windows media player.

Do get back to us with the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Media player issues

I just got the free windows 10 free download and media player isn't working correctly. Some times no sound and some times it pixelates and some times it is just a black screen.

DennisNewman27, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Windows Media player and sound not working correctly

1. Windows Media player and sound not working correctly - Similar Threads - Media player sound

2. No media player works correctly on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No media player works correctly on my PC: I have an HP desktop that up until about 3 weeks ago everything worked perfectly then all of a sudden the media player stopped working. It came with Windows 10 home edition and I even upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would fix the problem. It didn't. I have used Windows Media...
  3. No media player works correctly on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No media player works correctly on my PC: I have an HP desktop that up until about 3 weeks ago everything worked perfectly then all of a sudden the media player stopped working. It came with Windows 10 home edition and I even upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would fix the problem. It didn't. I have used Windows Media...
  4. windows media player no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows media player no sound: since last update my media player has no sound I had to reinstall windows because the external drive changed from e to g also sonos had to reinstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-no-sound/dec02fe8-ffff-4b94-95d2-ca407b7dd069
  5. No sound in Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound in Media Player 12: After a recent Microsoft update the sound was not working in Media player. After running the audio trouble shooter and restarting my laptop the sound came back. When I start up the laptop after a shutdown the sound has disappeared again! I can only get sound after running the...
  6. No sound in media player 12

No sound in media player 12: For no apparent reason the sound has disappeared from media player 12 on my laptop (Asus X556U, running Windows 10). When I run the audio trouble shooter the sound comes back after a restart, but when I turn on the laptop next time the sound has gone again. This seems to...
  7. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working correctly: I tried to Update "Apply Media Changes" and received an error message that it failed. It said to use the Repair Tool that came up on the screen. I did and now my library is completely messed up and incomplete! I have been receiving other error messages off and on for some...
  8. Windows Media Player Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Sound: The sound has worked well until today. I selected the music I wanted to listen to, all onscreen indicators say the sound is working but no sound is coming out. NOTE: The speakers are integrated into the all-in-one computer. How can I fix it so that I can hear my music as I...
  9. Correction re Media Player Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correction re Media Player Question: Correction: I'm running 32-bit version of Media Player (Windows 10) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correction-re-media-player-question/d0c36cd0-81b3-4cc2-9be2-d916af19e63f
  10. Windows Media Player not working

Windows Media Player not working: I'm using windows media player for my computer music library and burning cd's. When I open WMP, it is not playing the music, nor is it reading a song that I send to it from my flash drive. I've tried to make it the default setting for playing music, that has not worked....