Windows 10: Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders

Discus and support Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 1709 (16299.125) and WMP 12.0.16299.64. I have uploaded all my music (mp3 files) to Onedrive, and the folder is unshared. The problem I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by skcusime, Dec 23, 2017.

1. skcusime Win User

Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders

Windows 10 1709 (16299.125) and WMP 12.0.16299.64.
    I have uploaded all my music (mp3 files) to Onedrive, and the folder is unshared.
    The problem I have is Windows Media Player shares the Onedrive songs (and pictures) without permission.
    I have deleted the Onedrive folder from WMP library, but on each reboot, WMP puts it back.
    There are over 30,000 songs so my WMP song and playlist database is showing everything twice... once from the local PC and once from the cloud.
    How can I permanently remove this onedrive folder from the WMP library?

Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders [​IMG]

Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders [​IMG]

:)

skcusime, Dec 23, 2017

2. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

HI,

This is very frustrating problem. I have setup windows media player on my PC to stream videos on my home network so my family can access and watch videos in our living room TV. it works and streams without problems.

The problem is, Windows Media Player has also decided to stream media content found on my Onedrive account and make it available to anyone connected to our network. I tried all options (managing libraries and deleting the shared Onedrive folders which I
    found in the list, limiting TV access to only videos on a shared folder on my PC etc). this fixes the problem for a short time only to find Windows Media Player re-connecting to my Onedrive folders the next day and availing everything on the network!! this
    has happened several times and I have no clue how to prevent WMP from insisting on sharing my onedrive folders !! nothing also in Onedrive settings that specify permission to stream content to my network.

I think this is a major privacy issue for windows 10 since I just discovered that WMP was availing by default all my media content on my PC and onedrive back up to my home network for a while which can be accessed by any guest visiting
    and connecting to my wifi.

MishalAlharbi, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

HI,

Thanks but this is not the problem I have (onedrive folder sharing). The problem is the Windows Media Player is linking to my OneDrive pictures folder and availing all the content (13 GB of back up pictures from PC and my mobile) on my home network which
    can be accessed by anyone connecting to the my home network. Despite going to WMP and deleting the Onedrive folder from the shared folders list (right click on pictures/Manage Pictures Libraries and then remove OneDrive pictures folder) the dang WMP still
    reconnects and addes Onedrive folder back to the list of libraries to be shared !

this is frustrating because first, WMP should not automatically connects by default to Onedrive without specifically requesting it the first place, then when I delete it form the list, it should not reconnect to it.

MishalAlharbi, Dec 23, 2017
Thema:

Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders

1. Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders - Similar Threads - Media Player automatically

2. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player: I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network...
  3. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player: I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network...
  4. Shared media player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared media player question: So recently some files in my shared library have been starting to stutter when playing them on my TV via the windows media sharing option from my computer. I dont know what has changed but its only some files not all. I am running Windows 10 and my PC and TV are both hard...
  5. OneDrive Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  6. media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?: Question. i have 2 different windows 10 machines on my network. the media server is turned on, on a pc which is OFF. on another pc I open This PC, and under Network locations, before the network drives is icon that looks like external hard drive for the media server. when i...
  7. Windows Media Sharing with Media Player

Windows Media Sharing with Media Player: Streaming video to wifi devices ok when finding through "folders" but can't see any video playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-sharing-with-media-player/2ac15199-c59d-4038-89b7-386a784e8fab
  8. media sharing (Windows Media Player)

media sharing (Windows Media Player): I recently purchased a Smart TV, while l do watch content from an external there are occasions its kind of pointless to disconnect the drive for just one file, now l have no issues casting videos to the TV l was hoping for a little more control while in any kind of streaming...
  9. Media player folders not usable on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player folders not usable on OneDrive: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell. I successfully uploaded to OneDrive all the CDs that were ripped to the PC. I also uploaded a bunch of playlists created with Windows Media Player and bearing the extension WPL. These can't be played, since it seems that files with the WPL...
  10. My media players can't access a shared folder on the PC

My media players can't access a shared folder on the PC: Hi. I've just had to reinstall my Win10 and have run into a 'sharing' problem which I didn't have prior to the reinstall. Instead of a CD player in the lounge, I have a Cocktail Audio X10 which is a music player with an internal HDD containing my audio files. To get the files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player stream video onedrive