Windows 10: Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc.

Discus and support Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows Media Player (V12) and when I burn a CD, I can't get the song names on the tracks. I tried a Plug In called WMDCDTest V1.4 - no luck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chuckiechan, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc.

I have Windows Media Player (V12) and when I burn a CD, I can't get the song names on the tracks.

I tried a Plug In called WMDCDTest V1.4 - no luck here. I've looked all over and can't find a plug in to give me song names.

I've got Windows 10 installed over Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance...

:)

chuckiechan, Sep 26, 2016
  2. DenisOram Win User

Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player used to burn a full CD but now will only cope with burning about eight tracks. Is there a setting I'm missing?

DenisOram, Sep 26, 2016
  3. SHO17 Win User
    Missing Track Titles in Windows 10 Media Player

I have a new Windows 10 setup and I have found that when I load an audio CD, the track titles show up as the generic Track 1, Track 2 etc. Track titles are all OK in the music library and when I rip the CD the titles remain Track 1, Track 2 etc.

[The same audio CD loads in Media Player on my old Windows 7 setup with Track Titles correctly decoded and i can rip it with titles correctly displayed.]

I have tried resetting Windows Media Player and clearing the library cache without success. This supposed to just work but I have run out of ideas. Is there a hidden setting that I have to adjust or is there some new Codec that I have to load???

SHO17, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc.

You don't say where the album you are trying to burn came from. If it's one you previously ripped from a commercially published CD, does Windows Media list the track names? Or does it say 'unknown album' and just have track numbers? For an 'unknown album' it may help if you first right-click on the unknown album and select 'Find album info'.

5. They are tracks from my wife's piano performances. In Windows Media Player, I list the songs in a certain order by name, but when I burn the CD, there are no song names, just "Track 1, Track 2, an so on. BTW, They are WAV files so they can play anywhere.

6. Wullail Win User
    Go into Properties of each file , there is a tab for song name / artists etc.....make sure they have the relevant information.

Wullail, Sep 26, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Also, make sure that you have 'allow contents to be indexed' turned on, else WMP may still not see the titles.

Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc. [​IMG]

8. Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc.

Properties match the song title.

Is anyone using Windows Media Player and getting song titles on CD tracks?

I'll check indexing.

9. Bree New Member
    Yes, I've just made a CD complete with correct song titles. The titles were taken from the file's Properties. Use File Explorer, right click on the file and select Properties. The title used on the CD is whatever is found in the 'Details: Title' entry.

BUT, my source files were in mp3 format. Apparently there has long been a known problem that prevents you editing the properties of a .wav file. Setting the Title properties of a .wav in WMP does NOT write them to the original file's properties and will not (it seems) be used when burning a CD.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7d77407?auth=1

That reported problem in XP is as real today in my W10. If that's the case for you too, try converting the files to a different format in which you can edit the properties. How did you make the recordings? Was it with Audacity? If so, you can open the .wav files in Audacity and export them to an .mp3 file, or FLAC for a lossless format.

10. fireberd Win User
    I have a recording studio and burn a lot of Audio CD's. I use Nero BurningROM application. In order to have the Song Titles and Artist name burned on the CD, "Disk At Once/Session At Once" must be used (rather than Track At Once). I don't see this option in my WMP.

Another issue to consider, that has nothing to do with writing titles on CD's, is the disc burn speed. I use "8X" as my burn speed so discs can be played in most older audio CD players. Older audio CD players will either not play audio discs burned at higher speeds or will skip. Unfortunately all new SATA burner drives will only go down to 16X burn speed. As long as you have a newer audio CD player or one that also will play MP3's, the 16X usually is not an issue. I have a bank of 5 USB connected PATA CD/DVD burner drives that I use for my audio CD production. These will burn at 8X (and Nero BurningRom is the only burning program that I've found that will burn to multiple drives at the same time).

fireberd, Sep 27, 2016
  11. Bree New Member
    It seems to be that WMP is hard-wired to use "Disk at Once", no other option being offered. Nero shows that the test CD I burned earlier using WMP (which did include titles) has been closed and finalised.

Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc. [​IMG]

12. What is the next most universal format that will play in CD equipment of nearly all ages?

chuckiechan, Sep 27, 2016
  13. fireberd Win User

The "Redbook" standard for audio CD's is 16 bit 44.1Khz wav files. I'm not sure what you mean by "universal format that will play in CD equipment of nearly all ages". Older audio CD players would only play the Redbook standard song files and as noted burned at slow speeds. Even today, there are new audio CD players that will only play the Redbook standard, not MP3's.

fireberd, Sep 27, 2016
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

An easy way if you find an old copy of WINAMP is to create the Virtual audio CD and mount it. Windows 10 will mount "Virtual CD"s.

Now RIP the audio CD ("Virtual CD") and it will tag all the tracks for you --works for FLAC / WAV etc etc. It STILL works in W10 and as it connects to Gracenote for getting CD info then you've got decent tagging info already done for you.

Winamp will also rip the physical CD -- I abandoned physical CD's long ago -- I kept the ISO images of them on HDD. You'll probably see the CD as track1.cda etc. Winamp will rip it for you.

Otherwise it's a bit of a kuffuffle --you can tag manually with mp3tag or similar -

Not sure if this link still works. Note the program is Donkeys years old but probably abandonware now.

Winamp PRO Free Download

The Free version should still be around too -- but ripping speed is limited.

Once you've got the tracks all nicely tagged then you can use software to create a new physical CD if you need to - I think there's loads of Linux free ones for creating Audio CD's from ripped tracks.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 27, 2016
  15. Thank you all for your help. I think we are going to buy some software or freeware. I'll give WinAmp a try, sounds like a fun challenge.

chuckiechan, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player, Burned CD's only give me "track 1, track 2, etc. - Similar Threads - Media Player Burned

2. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...: DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk or change to other format, Get message "Connect a burner and restart player" under Burn tab. How to resolve this problem? I have a Dell computer with Windows 10...
  3. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...: DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk or change to other format, Get message "Connect a burner and restart player" under Burn tab. How to resolve this problem? I have a Dell computer with Windows 10...
  4. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  6. Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player...

Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player...: Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player v.12.0.19041.1052 on Win 10?I have a set of CDs containing a large number of tracks up to 88 tracks each that I want to rip. It appears that WMP only rips the first 50 of them. Am I...
  7. The Track Titles Changed in Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Track Titles Changed in Media Player: Hello I am ripping some Stuart McClean cd's to my computer so I can listen to them on my phone. I loaded all of the disks and it went smoothly except for the second disk. When I opened Media Player, it showed the track titles in a different text see attached picture. What...
  8. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD

WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD: WHEN ATTEPTING TO BURN TO AUDIO CD I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device...
  9. Burning a CD in Windows Media Player

Burning a CD in Windows Media Player: When burning a CD from my library in WMP, as each file was burned in was deleted from the library...moved instead of copied. This has never happened before. I would assume it is some setting that I have inadvertently messed up. Thanks for any and all help....
  10. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a way to burn cd with name of song instead of track 1 2 etc

2. burnt cd only two tracks ?

3. burned cd only 1 track