Windows 10: Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

Discus and support Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you receive an error message – Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file, when you try to play AVI, WAV, MOV, etc.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 20, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

WinClub, Aug 20, 2018
  2. HMilesYR Win User

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file, this is what I get and a red x

HMilesYR, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Hi Rong,

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Media Player Settings.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Next run the Windows Media Player Library and check.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help!

SujataMoktan, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

"Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."

Computer: Dell Optiplex 5050 running Windows 10.

Tried to play a movie DVD ("1776"). Apparently no app capable of playing video on my Optiplex, or at least it didn't function. Suggestion by Help file was to buy or try a DVD/Video player from the MS Store. Downloaded Parma Video Player (had 4 stars and
    was free). Wouldn't play video DVD. And also won't play music files. Also, Windows Media Player does not work.

In addition, when I go to Setup, I see an icon for a Blu-ray disk player and am told it is "Not connected."

Windows Media Player played music with no problems before installing Parma Video Player.

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Windows DVD Player

Ed Tulloch, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

1. Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file - Similar Threads - Media Player Encountered

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  4. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  5. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  6. Problem playing file on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem playing file on Windows Media Player: I was sent private audio files of the type name.cda which Windows Media Player plays fine from the CD sent to me but will not play the same files when I download them to my hard disk. How do I fix this? Can Windows Media Player upload them to my hard disk? Thank you....
  7. Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file": Setup: - Windows 10 - I reboot in order to start fresh and I play a playlist composed on JPG files in Windows Media Player - I get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file", sometimes on the 3rd file, sometimes on 12th files, sometimes on...
  8. Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file: I have downloaded all my cd's into Windows Media Player. I now find that I am unable to play any of them as an error message comes up saying 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file' can anyone help me solve the problem as I have now sold my CD...
  9. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device.": When I try to sync media files from Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to my HTC phone, this error message pops up. In the past, I have been able to successfully sync files, and there is plenty of storage room on both devices. How can this error be resolved?...
  10. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..: Anybody have this problem with WIN 10? No codes were giving, It just says 'Problem while downloading'. I would like to uninstall - reinstall the APP, but WIN 10 is different not like 8.1.. Any help welcomed. 19721