Windows 10: Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers

Discus and support Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When casting to some network receivers media player freezes after every song. Others work fine. I've noticed that the digital time counter under "Clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WHH2, Jul 8, 2018.

1. WHH2 Win User

Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers

When casting to some network receivers media player freezes after every song. Others work fine. I've noticed that the digital time counter under "Clear List" doesn't count down when casting to the device it freezes with, but does count down with devices that work correctly. Does anyone know why this happens and is there a solution for it?

:)

WHH2, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Spookie Win User

Deep Freeze, Windows Media Player and MP3 players

Does anyone have Deep Freeze on their machine and use Windows Media Player to sync files to an MP3 player? I've tried it and continue to get an unknown error. Even when the computer is thawed I receive the same error. Only on computers where Deep Freeze has never been installed is this not a problem. *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks for all of your help.

-Spook

Spookie, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers

Windows Media Player Freezes Instantly

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

This issue might occur due to incompatible or outdated drivers and missing updates. I suggest you to install all the pending updates and check if it helps.

If this issue is related only to Windows Media Player, I suggest you to run Windows Media Player troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If the issue persist I suggest you to download the latest Windows Media Player from the below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers

1. Windows Media Player freezes when castung to some network receivers - Similar Threads - Media Player freezes

2. Win 11 media player freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 media player freezes: Win 11 media player freezes a few seconds after starting a song. The song continues to play, but on a playlist, I have no idea which song is playing, as the screen doesn't update....
  3. Win 11 media player freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 media player freezes: Win 11 media player freezes a few seconds after starting a song. The song continues to play, but on a playlist, I have no idea which song is playing, as the screen doesn't update....
  4. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music: I keep having Windows Media Player freeze and have tried the built in troubleshooters, reinstalling it, and registering the .dll files. After the latter one it deleted half of my playlists and it worked until I rebuilt those playlists, which suggests that maybe it's playlist...
  5. Receiving message Cyberlink Media player playing or on

Receiving message Cyberlink Media player playing or on: I keep getting a message that my cyberlink media player is playing or is on and I cannot get it to turn of. I do not have a control button for it that I can find, how do I get it to turn off? ***Modified title from: cyberlink media player***...
  6. Media Player Network Sharing Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Network Sharing Service: I am trying to turn on my media streaming. It's says it is not turned on. It's says to go to Windows services administrative tools. when I try to start the media player network service it says Windows could not start it on my computer. Error 1068: the service or group...
  7. media player streaming on network

media player streaming on network: playing content from media player on home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-streaming-on-network/397644e7-cd42-411a-9106-28a7d8e51971
  8. Media Player 12 on Denon receiver

Media Player 12 on Denon receiver: I have a Denon AVR-3311CI receiver and want to stream my music from my Windows 10 PC to that receiver. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12-on-denon-receiver/ffa20225-b687-455a-9884-aa2c51b984dc
  9. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: When I started the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, I had, for one brief moment, recognized and downloaded Windows Media Player Album Info for my music CD, then poof, it vanished. I have cleared out all temp files in C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media...
  10. Windows media player will not play some DVDs?

Windows media player will not play some DVDs?: Windows media player will not play some DVDs. It does nothing when I push the play button. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 54259