Windows 10: Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

Discus and support Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 27, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

WinClub, Jul 27, 2018

2. Importing Playlist from Windows Media Player to Windows 8 Phone

I was able to create a play list with Windows Media Player and add it to my phone and it copied the songs. I did this with Windows 8.1 with the following steps

• Run Windows Media Player. This is the desktop app, not the Music app from the Start screen.
    • Created a new playlist and added some songs to the playlist.
    • Started the Windows Phone App (the modern UI version, not the desktop version)
    • Clicked the "Add to phone" button and selected "Add playlists".
    • Navigated to the folder containing the playlist created by Windows Media Player. The default folder is "This PC > Music > Playlists" and the file will have a .wpl file extension.
    • Select the playlist and click the add button.
    You should see some notification that the playlist and the music files were copied to the phone.

Christopher Miller, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows Media Player 12 Now Playing

Hello Fraser,

We suggest creating a playlist and add the songs that you would like to play. Here are the steps on how to create a playlist:

• Launch Windows Media Player.
    • Click Music.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl key.
    • Using your mouse, click the songs that you want to add to your playlist.
    • Right-click, and select create a new playlist.
    • Type a playlist title.
    • Click Save.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

Can I recover Windows 7 Media Player playlists?

The answer to both is: Music Folder

Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist [​IMG]

Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist - Similar Threads - Media Player playing

2. Windows Media Player and playlists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player and playlists: In Media Player the system won't save a new playlist, therefore I can't burn to my CD drive. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-and-playlists/88b36dd7-ad1b-414a-bfea-13dd5dc4546e
  3. windows media player playlist issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player playlist issues: recently, I've been having issues with windows media player messing up my playlists.the first issue is one of my playlists becoming out of order. I arranged a playlist, so it is in order by artist and album, but one time, after opening WMP, it was in random order. all of the...
  4. windows media player playlist issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player playlist issues: recently, I've been having issues with windows media player messing up my playlists.the first issue is one of my playlists becoming out of order. I arranged a playlist, so it is in order by artist and album, but one time, after opening WMP, it was in random order. all of the...
  5. Media player numeric playlists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player numeric playlists: Just installed WMP that came with a new dell g5 win10 pro laptop. I see how to create and add to my own playlist. But what are all the numeric playlists? Some are empty, some have something in them including "blank_audio", "asx", fm stations, others. I clicked on one and it...
  6. Windows Media Player Playlists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Playlists: I have what likely may be an unprecedented issue while playing some WMP playlists. I will preface this by saying that I have been using WMP, making and playing playlists for about 15 years now with little or few issues. I have never experienced the problem I have now. My...
  7. Windows Media Player Playlist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Playlist: I have set up several playlists, but on playback I want it to play by removing the gap between the tracks and just automatically blend into the next. I thought this was possible, is it not? If so, how do I activate this?...
  8. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  9. windows media player is not creating a playlist

windows media player is not creating a playlist: im not able to create a playlist in wmp. tried turning off and on the windows features followed by wmp. no joy.pls advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-is-not-creating-a-playlist/b6f22294-4fb3-470a-92a4-72ec029180b8
  10. printing playlists in windows media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing playlists in windows media player: how do I print playlists from windows media player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-playlists-in-windows-media-player/ee2caaa9-b14b-4ab8-95ee-611810379c93

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player will not play my playlist

2. playlist on windows media not playing

3. windows media player not playing my playlist