Windows 10: Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping

Discus and support Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and I have been experiencing mouse skipping and sort of a seizure almost? If I highlight it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Computer Chicken, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping

Hey guys,

I have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and I have been experiencing mouse skipping and sort of a seizure almost? If I highlight it will immediately take my mouse up clear to the top and highlight stuff I don't need. Like it skips clear to the top, like it teleports to the top. It even happens if I just click after scrolling. All of this happens after I scroll down or up. This issue is bothering me tremendously as I use Windows Media Player everyday and most of the time on the computer and it gets super annoying. If there something that can be done about this that would be awesome. *Smile

:)

Computer Chicken, Dec 1, 2017

2. media file wont play in windows 10

I have tried windows media player, VLC media player, DVD Fab media player and windows 10 player. They all stop playing MP4 ans other types of video. Start and quit video after a few minutes. Restart video file and skip ahead to where it quit. Runs for
    a bit and quits again. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a media Player that works?

steven stewart 11111, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Skip groove music and get my music into Media Player

Skip groove music and get my music into Media Player

P.Jedidiah, Dec 1, 2017
  4. freduce Win User

Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping

I have the same issue i think, and i am searching for a fix.
    Problem;
    In Windows Media Player (library), on click, the mouse skips / jumps / shoots to the left top corner of the screen. not the window, the screen. This happens almost every time. When i left-click, all items (songs) that are between the first position of the cursor, and the topleft corner, are selected. On rightclick, the rightclick menu appears in the top left corner. This is extremely frustrating behavior..

I haven't used WMP in a while, so i don't know at which point (or update) this issue would have started.

Windows 10 64bit 1709 build 16299.192
    I already tried disabling WMP by Windows features, restarting and turning it on again, but no luck.

Is there anybody that knows a fix for this? Thanks!

freduce, Jan 29, 2018
  5. Wynona Win User
    Hello, Computer Chicken! Long time no see ... Whoa! That is some mouse!

@freduce Do you possibly have the same mouse that Computer Chicken has? You didn't list your mouse, but his is the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. Or maybe even a Logitech mouse?

OK, back to you both:

I have the Logitech M705, which is the one that comes in the wave keyboard/mouse combo, and was having problems with it taking off on its own (not exactly the same but a similar problem). There's a button behind the scroll wheel on mine. Pressing that button solved my problem.

I see there are two buttons behind your scroll wheel Computer Chicken, so maybe the solution is just a button press away?

Wynona, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Jeikeu Win User
    Did you ever fix this?? I have the same problem and I also have the G502. Problem is super annoying.

Jeikeu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping

1. Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping - Similar Threads - Media Player Mouse

2. Windows Media Player looks strange and corrupted when skipping or changing music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player looks strange and corrupted when skipping or changing music: I got this issue since July 31st of 2023, and today it has never been solved. The buttons won't change or will change without any reason, the title won't change even when the song changes, the image won't change, the artist name won't change but it changes the artist name...
  3. Windows Media Player looks strange and corrupted when skipping or changing music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player looks strange and corrupted when skipping or changing music: I got this issue since July 31st of 2023, and today it has never been solved. The buttons won't change or will change without any reason, the title won't change even when the song changes, the image won't change, the artist name won't change but it changes the artist name...
  4. Mouse Skipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Skipping: Hi!I recently ran into a problem with my computer where my mouse was skipping. It would only happen at a certain place on my mousepad, and if i ran it over the same spot it would keep happening. I then thought that it was my mousepad and used another one. It still kept...
  5. Mouse Skipping

Mouse Skipping: Hi!I recently ran into a problem with my computer where my mouse was skipping. It would only happen at a certain place on my mousepad, and if i ran it over the same spot it would keep happening. I then thought that it was my mousepad and used another one. It still kept...
  6. Mouse Skipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse skipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse skipping: My mouse cursor skips around in screen sometimes on the desktop and in games. The mouse I’m using is the Logitech g903. I’ve tried reinstalling g hub a few times to no avail. Any help? submitted by /u/ryan_loler [link] [comments]...
  8. Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB 2019, with a i5-8250U CPU, Intel UHD Graphics 620. Everything was working fine till a couple of days ago when my media player, upon clicking on a mp4 file, starts the video, then skips through it like it's on 7x or 8x speed and straight...
  9. Windows Media Player Skips during playback WIN 10

Windows Media Player Skips during playback WIN 10: I'm on a WIN10 HP 840 G3. I've had multiple CD's ripped to my Window Media Player for years, transferred playlists from one laptop to another, and never had any issues. Now all of the sudden I'm having issues. The songs are randomly choppy during playback. I'm not sure when...
  10. Windows DVD Player Skipping

Windows DVD Player Skipping: I was watching a DVD using the Windows DVD Player, and the movie kept skipping. I thought it was a damaged DVD that Netflix sent me, so I sent the DVD back for a replacement. When I received the replacement today, it was also skipping. Then it occurred to me that the...