Windows 10: Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's

Discus and support Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After downloading Windows 10, I prepared a playlist of music. Every blank CD that I insert gets kicked back saying "please insert blank disk". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerryz, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jerryz Win User

Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's

After downloading Windows 10, I prepared a playlist of music. Every blank CD that I insert gets kicked back saying "please insert blank disk". I managed to get a CD in, and it said "burn complete" but there was no music files on the disk. Is there a patch or driver to update Windows Media Player. I am trying to avoid spending the money on Nero.

:)

Jerryz, Aug 21, 2015

2. media player

I am trying to burn a cd using Windows Media Player. I insert a cd and click the burn button in Media Player and get the following "Connect a burner and restart player".

I have tried this and same result.

I can RIP cd's with no problem.

I have used this computer to burn cd's before. I always use Media Player to play and

burn cd's.

The only changes to computer are windows updates. It is running Windows 10 Pro.

I am using Memorex CD-R cd's.

Thanks for your help.

M3nace1943, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Error: "The disk wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you Cd or DVD burner installed" on Windows 10

Hello,

As you are facing issues with burning the content, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to use of below links for burning a disc using Windows Media Player and check if you have done it in the same way.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

Burn and rip CDs

Note: Since the articles are designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, unlike launching steps for 'Windows Media Player', settings and steps to burn a disc with Windows Media Player are same for Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2015
  4. StanP50 Win User

I wouldn't waste money, download and use Burnaware Free. Get app, runs great under Windows 10, and should do everything you need with very small footprint and overhead.

StanP50, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's - Similar Threads - Media Player longer

2. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  3. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  4. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media Player. Cant burn CD's .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player. Cant burn CD's .: Box says it can't burn the files. Says If burner busy wait until it to finish - but nothing is burning. Then says verify burner is connected properly. And have installed the latest device driver. Don't know how to do that Also keeps coming up that this is a Windows 7...
  6. Burn CD with Microsoft Media Player

Burn CD with Microsoft Media Player: Windows 10. When I burn music in Media Player to a CD-R, Media Player won't play the disc when I insert it. If Iopen the disc and double click the wpl file It plays with Groove Music. Media Player won't play the disc, although it shows up in the list. What's going on?...
  7. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD

WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD: WHEN ATTEPTING TO BURN TO AUDIO CD I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device...
  8. Burning a CD in Windows Media Player

Burning a CD in Windows Media Player: When burning a CD from my library in WMP, as each file was burned in was deleted from the library...moved instead of copied. This has never happened before. I would assume it is some setting that I have inadvertently messed up. Thanks for any and all help....
  9. media player will no longer burn cd's

media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  10. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...