Windows 10: Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10

Discus and support Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 - DVD Player, Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10? This is a shock!! I downloaded the Windows Media Player from the Store and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rajn1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rajn1 Win User

Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10

Win 10 - DVD Player, Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10? This is a shock!! I downloaded the Windows Media Player from the Store and it played the DVD once. When it did not work a second time, I spent 45 mins waiting for Microsoft support and an hour on the phone. They confirmed that the Windows Media Player is not compatible with Win 10. I got my money back but no one could give me a Media Player that is compatible with Win 10. This is clearly not good. Any suggestions please?

Raj

:)

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015

2. windows mwdia player is showing black screen for all video formats

Hi Navneet,

This is specific to Windows Media Player. Others players are working fine.

it was working fine in win 7 with the same codec but in windows 10 WMP is unable to play any video.

Installed win 10 compatible codec also but no luck

Rajarshi Pain, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Media players

Hi Guys.

I want to know if I can use HP Media player. Is it compatible with Win 10?

I have clean reinstalled my computer and have now , Win 10

It appears that by default, Windows Media Player is the only one that works.

I would like to use HP Video to be my default Video Player.

Can I do this?

inounorodx, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Windows Media Player as it comes with Windows 10 is working fine. The app called "Windows DVD-Player" in the Windows Store should also enable DVD playback. Alternatives are VLC Media Player ("VLC for Windows 8" in the Store) or AVS Media Player.

Joergi, Aug 17, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    VLC and MPC-HC, both work well. VLC has the added bonus of being able to drag and drop a DVD ISO image file right into the player. MPC-HC is great in that you can configure it for various codecs. VLC mostly has all codecs built in, but you can always add codecs to MPC-HC.

XweAponX, Aug 17, 2015
  6. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks, I will try VLC

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  7. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  8. rajn1 Win User

Thanks

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  9. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks All. I downloaded and installed VLC. How do I set it up for Autoplay when the DVD is inserted? Even though VCS is installed when I right click on Autoplay VLC is not associated with Autoplay?
    Thanks
    Raj

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  10. DKW
    DKW Win User
    From the internet. *Smile

11. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks All. I downloaded and installed VLC. How do I set it up for Autoplay when the DVD is inserted? Even though VCS is installed when I right click on Autoplay VLC is not associated with Autoplay?
    Thanks
    Raj

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  12. rajn1 Win User
    I went to Hardware, Sound it only offers me Play (Windows Media Player) - which seems to have some decoding problem, take no action, open folders to view files (files explorer) and ask me every time. VLC is not showing.
    Thanks
    Raj

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  13. rajn1 Win User

I set it to 'Ask me Everytime' and its playing the DVD but I don't want to mark this as solved as I don't know what player is playing and I would like to associate VLC with Autoplay. Thanks All for your help.
    Raj

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  14. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks.

I went to Hardware, Sound it only offers me Play (Windows Media Player) - which seems to have some decoding problem, take no action, open folders to view files (files explorer) and ask me every time. VLC is not showing. I set it to 'Ask me Everytime' and its playing the DVD but I don't want to mark this as solved as I don't know what player is playing and I would like to associate VLC with Autoplay. Thanks for your help. Raj
    Raj
    Thanks
    Raj

rajn1, Aug 17, 2015
  15. rajn1 Win User
    Thanks CharlieVA for suggesting Videolan VLC Player. Its Free and it works!!
    Here are the steps, so everyone can benefit.
    1. Download Videolan VLC Player from the Internet. Click Run. Like all free software adding them and their partners to toolbars etc is pre checked. Uncheck all the ones you do not want and click Next until finished. There will be a clown hat at the bottom of your screen. Click it to launch the software.
    2. Right click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, then Hardware/ Sound, you will see Autoplay under Devices and Printers
    3. Click on Change Default Settings for Media or Devices. For ‘Play DVD and for enhanced DVD’, choose Videolan VLC as the default option from the drop down.
    4. Click Save and you are good to Go !!

rajn1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10 - Similar Threads - Media Player compatible

2. Windows Media Player; Win 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player; Win 10 21H1: Hi,Upon updating to 20H2 and then 21H1, visualizations in Windows Media Player don't work. I like using the bars that go up and down to the beat of the music. But the problem includes all visualizations.When I click on a song, the visualization works. When it gets to the next...
  3. win 10 media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 media player: win 10 media player no longer burn cd's. what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-media-player/8e5159c0-08b1-4b7b-a4f2-5c5a87916264
  4. Windows media player win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media player win 10: I downloaded Gforce visualutions but can't media player to save it. When in media options Gforce shows up but accept doesn't light up. Thanks for any sugestions....
  5. Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system.: I have two apps, one of them a Microsoft App called Animotica, that called on WMP to function. Since the 1903 update, I have no WMP, and the apps don't work. What is Microsoft doing about a replacement for WMP? Regards, Nick...
  6. Win 10 Media Player HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Media Player HELP: I would like to add music to my win 10 media player that I have on a disc but don't seem to be able to get it done. If anyone can tell me how I think I can follow their advice - but please keep in mind that I am not very computer literate - so it may require a "dummies...
  7. Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit: How is this possible? So we buy Windows 10 and no longer have access to Windows Media Player? How is that fair? What is Microsoft doing to correct this? What is an alternative media player that works exactly the same. I don't care for how the VLC media player's volume...
  8. Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system: I was just forced into downloading an update for windows and once I have downloaded it I am now unable to use windows media player. Whenever I attempt to open it I am told that windows media player is not compatible with my system. Does this mean that from now on I will be...
  9. Media Player in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player in Win 10: Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10 50602
  10. win media player

in Windows 10 Support
    win media player: Ripped a DVD in windows media player --put songs in burn list (right column) put a blank DVD in writer/player-- clicked burn-start burn --windows 10 ejects the disk then states to put in disk and windows will automatically start burning process BUT it ejects the disk...