Windows 10: Windows media player will not play some DVDs?

Discus and support Windows media player will not play some DVDs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows media player will not play some DVDs. It does nothing when I push the play button. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 54259 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mobile1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Windows media player will not play some DVDs?

Windows media player will not play some DVDs. It does nothing when I push the play button.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Jun 23, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

after so called UPGRADE to windows 10 dvd not working

Hi,

Windows Media Player will no longer play DVDs, or DVD files because of licensing issues... You will need a 3rd party player of some type to play them...

VLC Media Player, and Media Player Classic are two popular free players, but here are others...

If you can not play a DVD with one of them, then there are other issues.

slance310, Jun 23, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    Why cant i watch dvds on my laptop

Hi,

What type of Player Program are you trying to use ?

Windows 10 will not play DVDs without some type of Player installed...

Windows Media Player and Movies+TV App will not play them...

You might try the free VLC Media Player...

slance310, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Jun 23, 2016
  5. exploder Win User
    I too recommend installing VLC, it can play just about anything!

exploder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows media player will not play some DVDs? - Similar Threads - media player play

2. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  3. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  4. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. playing DVDs'

playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  6. Why doesn't Windows Media Player Version 12 play DVDs automatically when inserted into the...

Why doesn't Windows Media Player Version 12 play DVDs automatically when inserted into the...: Media Player is my default app. In Win 7 and Vista, when Inserting a DVD into the drive, the DVD starts playing automatically in Media Player, but not in Win 10. What's the reason for this? And can it be corrected?...
  7. window media player not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window media player not playing: hi my windows media player is not playing my cd / dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-player-not-playing/4ebe7a1e-b5f8-4a2c-a9ee-38dfe6511744
  8. win media player wont play audio on my recorded dvds

win media player wont play audio on my recorded dvds: Can't get audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-media-player-wont-play-audio-on-my-recorded/a1eb930b-cc5c-452a-b4af-8aaa51a6f0da
  9. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs: I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but it worked fine on my old HP laptop with Windows XP. Each time I try to start CD or DVD the pop-up shows up with a message...
  10. Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.

Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.: I have never succeeded in playing either a CD or DVD. When I insert a disc, it whirrs for a bit then is silent. Nothing appears in the navigation pane of media player, and it does not begin playing by itself. I have Windows 10 on a Toshiba....