Windows 10: Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

Discus and support Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Win10 laptop (the kind that does a 180 screen twist) that I'd like to use to control my music collection. The collection is shared over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emueyes, May 25, 2018.

1. emueyes Win User

Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

I have a Win10 laptop (the kind that does a 180 screen twist) that I'd like to use to control my music collection. The collection is shared over the network with AssetUPnP, a DLNA server tailored to music streaming, and rendered with my Denon receiver. The server and renderer combination works very well, and I've tried a lot of DLNA / UPnP control points. I find that Windows Media Player works nicely, quite uniquely; it offers a nice interface with tiles for artists then for albums, it makes it easy with a touch interface, but I'm trying to simplify it. Ideally, I'd like just the tiles and playback controls to be visible. It seems the best way to do this is to add the DLNA server to WMPs library, but it won't seem to do that, only a directory can be added by the looks of it.

The thread is titled Apps, so I guess I can mention other things I've considered. Plex looks good but it's a lock in, I'd prefer a choice. BubbleSoft works well but it's too complicated; what I want, I guess, is to hand the controller to a guest and have it friendly enough for them to pick some music.

For reference, it's about 1,400 albums, I don't want an [A]..[Z] type top level menu when I've gone to the trouble pf getting artwork and tagging everything. It's so close to working ..

:)

emueyes, May 25, 2018
  2. RomanJR Win User

Windows media player library not showing to other DLNA players

Hi,

I have Windows 10 enterprise 64 bit (clean install) machine with media files in custom folders and I would like to use media player as DLNA server. I set up my library in media players so it shows all of these files. I turned on the streaming to other devices.

I can successfuly connect from other devices (samsung smart TV, android phone with various DLNA player software) to my windows 10 machine. But I cannot see nor play any of the files/folders in my library - all it shows are empty default folders.

When I set up different DLNA server (e.g. plex server) on my windows 10 machine media is visible to the players. But I would like to keep my media library management as easy as possible that is why I would like to use media player streaming capabilities.

I never tried setting up DLNA server with previous version of windows and media player so maybe I just lack the neccesary experience for this.

Could anyone help?

I did copy some media to default media library folders for my user.

I already tried deleting cache in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player.

RomanJR, May 25, 2018
  3. G1User Win User
    Windows Media Player - DLNA Server Issues

When did it start happening: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. None of these problems existed when I was on Windows 7. I had a DLNA server setup when I was using Windows 7 too.

Problem(s):

• When viewing the list of available DLNA servers on my smart TV I am getting two identical DLNA servers. One works and the other simply states there are no media files available.
    • About once a month, Windows 10 will decide to shut off my DLNA server. That means I have to open up Windows Media Player, click Streaming, and Turn On...again.

I am sure number 2 is harder to resolve than number 1. Number 1 is probably just some registry entry that needs to be removed.

G1User, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

1. Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library - Similar Threads - Media Player DLNA

2. Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location: -When I go to Settings > Music Library Locations > Add Folder > Select music folder that is a Google Drive folder, but the files are Stored Offline in the computer, Windows Media Player crashes instantly-I used Windows Media Player doing this process above for months and it...
  3. Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Crashing on trying to Add Music Library Location: -When I go to Settings > Music Library Locations > Add Folder > Select music folder that is a Google Drive folder, but the files are Stored Offline in the computer, Windows Media Player crashes instantly-I used Windows Media Player doing this process above for months and it...
  4. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  5. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  6. Windows Media Player DLNA

7. Windows Media Player will not add any files to it's library.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player will not add any files to it's library.: I've tried all the known help like disabling WMP, restarting, reenabling WMP and restarting again but these simply do not work. I'm current on updates and all so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm really hoping someone out there has a solution to this problem....
  8. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  9. Media Player DLNA show metadata

Media Player DLNA show metadata: Dear Microsoft, Can you help me, Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name. Thank you...
  10. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding media player to windows server

2. how to add dlna source to media player

3. tried moving libraries after setting up windows dlna server

4. dlna media server windows 10 not working tp-link,
  5. Windows media player library not showing to other DLNA players