Windows 10: Windows Media Player won't open

Discus and support Windows Media Player won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, Windows Media Player won't open. I've tried turning the feature off from the Control Panel, restarting, turning it back on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott Barnwell, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Windows Media Player won't open

For some reason, Windows Media Player won't open.

I've tried turning the feature off from the Control Panel, restarting, turning it back on, restarting. Still not working.

Any suggestions? I've never had this problem before.

:)

Scott Barnwell, Jul 6, 2018

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player won't open

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player won't open

1. Windows Media Player won't open - Similar Threads - Media Player won't

2. Windows Media Player opened by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player opened by itself: I was playing a game on my PC and then closed the game , When i closed the game i found the windows media player app open by itself and i didn't open it myself prior it wasn't running any videos just at the home page of the app So ..... did i unintentionally open it by...
  3. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  4. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  5. Can't open Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Media Player: Not really sure what the problem is. I've tried every solution I could find.This is the app that plays music and was formerly called Groove Music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-windows-media-player/7e9505c0-3049-4882-a35b-64fb19f6c01e
  6. Cannot open Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Windows Media Player: WMP does not show up in my start menu but does in my file menu. Only when I attempt to open either as admin. or from location, it does nothing. I have used it before so I know it is there and does work, but my music is in my Music file and I'm trying to transfer it to my...
  7. Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player: Whenever I hit the volume, keys on my keyboard, it automatically opens Windows Media Player instead of controlling the volume. The only thing I done prior to that was did a full scan on 'Advanced SystemCare 12.4 Pro'. I'm thinking it might've changed a setting to get it to do...
  8. Windowes Media Player will not open pictures--

Windowes Media Player will not open pictures--: The error message is extension .CTG is not recognized by windows Media Player. How can I change to program that will open the pictures? When first asked what program to use to open pictures, I selected always use Windows Media Player. Don't know how correct the selection...
  9. Windows Media Player not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not opening: I am trying to watch a video oral argument from http://www.5dca.org/ArchivedOAs/2019/Aoa01-10-19.pdf and my Media Player is not opening. Instead when I click on "View Video" it throws me over to a blank page in Google Chrome. I am using Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Windows Media Player, playlist won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player, playlist won't open: Build a great playlist for burning last night. Today if won't open. I drag it, right mouse click it, select different strategies. Nothing works, nothing will open it. Other playlists, no problem. Help, I've got deadlines....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player wont open