Windows 10: Windows media playing opening URL

Discus and support Windows media playing opening URL in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on a video on a web page WMP opens and the video plays in it. How do I STOP WMP from doing this. I just want to watch the video in its own... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sea skimmer, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Windows media playing opening URL

When I click on a video on a web page WMP opens and the video plays in it. How do I STOP WMP from doing this. I just want to watch the video in its own web page player.

:)

sea skimmer, Aug 28, 2016

2. Having a problem trying to play an MP3 file from URL with Edge

Here is the link. An imbedded media player does show in the browser window. The play seeker does move as if it is playing, but there is no sound. However if I open windows media player directly, and tell Media player to open a URL, and paste in the same
    link, Media player will open and play it. So there is nothing wrong with the link itself. BTW, Google Chrome behaves the same way as edge with the link, the player looks like it's playing but no Audio. Yet as I said Windows Media Player has no problem opening
    and playing it.

http://download.liveindexer.com/podcasts/HealthyLifeOD/Audio//ECI_AUTO/Nov2016/FTK110216_WMA.mp3

StephenPaparatto, Aug 28, 2016
  3. How do I play a cd on my windows 10 computer

Insert your CD

Open File Explorer on the Taskbar

Open This PC

Right click the disc then click Play

or open Windows Media Player then play the disc.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer

Hit Enter

How to locate and open Windows Media Player in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows media playing opening URL

1. Windows media playing opening URL - Similar Threads - media playing opening

2. Opening a URL in a new window with /n

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a URL in a new window with /n: I am trying to save a link as a shortcut on my desktop. I have the target set to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /n, https://www.cnn.comI want it to open in a new window, hence the /n. A new window does open, but the website doesn't load. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Opening a URL in a new window with /n

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a URL in a new window with /n: I am trying to save a link as a shortcut on my desktop. I have the target set to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /n, https://www.cnn.comI want it to open in a new window, hence the /n. A new window does open, but the website doesn't load. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  5. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  6. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  7. URL shortcut - open with

URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  8. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  9. Windows Media Player not able to play wmv via URL on some systems

Windows Media Player not able to play wmv via URL on some systems: I have a large fleet of windows 10 systems and a subset of them are not able to play wmv files in windows media player but the same URL works fine on the majority of systems. The kicker is that if I navigate to the network share where this wmv file lives, I can launch it...
  10. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...