Windows 10: Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64

Discus and support Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, running W10 Pro x64 on a desktop with i7 5820k. When I try to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, I initiate the action and restart the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by northstar7, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64

Hi, running W10 Pro x64 on a desktop with i7 5820k.

When I try to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, I initiate the action and restart the computer.

However, during boot when it gets to the point where it is ready to run the Memory Diagnostic it gives me a message that the Memory Diagnostic (memtest.exe) is not installed, and it needs the memtest.efi file on the installation disk.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the Memory Diagnostic with the Windows System Desk in the tray, it does not give me an option to install memtest.efi. I'd install it manually, but I cannot understand how to get from memtest.efi to memtest.exe.

I have googled this, but it is not directly addressed anywhere, except for a few places recommending a Windows reinstall, which is not practical for me.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this will be appreciated.

thanks

:)

northstar7, Jan 8, 2018
  2. SteveTrx Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install

I was told that a W10 license would probably have to be purchased. I was running W8.1 Pro x64 and performed the auto update to W10 Pro x64 and I ended up having to do a clean install.

SteveTrx, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Yes, you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro which will give you the ability to change languages.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64

You could try the standard repair commands, sfc /scannow then Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Run SFC Command in Windows 10
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

If it comes to a reinstall, it doesn't have to be a clean install. An in-place repair install keeps all your installed apps and files.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Bree, Jan 8, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Polo6RGTI, Jan 8, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    True. But if it won't even run it makes you wonder what else may not be installed properly. Suggesting alternatives is a workaround, but not the cure - even if its not the best of tests, we should at least try to get it working *Smile

Bree, Jan 8, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Agreed, something is missing and should be fixed, who knows what else could be wrong.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Memory Diagnostics Not Installed On W10 Pro x64 - Similar Threads - Memory Diagnostics Installed

2. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I have an English Windows 10 install that was purchased directly from MS. The Chinese language has never been used on this machine. I got a BSOD for memory management. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the whole time it ran, it was in Chinese. How could this be and how...
  3. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I have an English Windows 10 install that was purchased directly from MS. The Chinese language has never been used on this machine. I got a BSOD for memory management. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the whole time it ran, it was in Chinese. How could this be and how...
  4. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I dont exactly know what this is or how to fix it but everytime I start up my pc I get this I put the image in here. Does anyone know how to fix it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-memory-diagnostic/36ec2feb-29bd-4944-9c10-4ec19c35e497
  5. windows memory diagnostic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows memory diagnostic: I am going to be overclocking my computer, starting with ram ofcourse. I just got a new system. I went to go test my ram and make sure its stable on default, when it gives the option to restart or next time my computer boots, i click restart and then windows fails to start....
  6. Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question whether installing w10 x86 or x64 - addressable memory: I have a w7 pc (x86) with 3GB RAM + 2GB dedicated VRAM. So it's 5GB addressable RAM in total, right? Do I need x64? System is x64 capable. 171337
  7. W10 Pro x64 new install

W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  8. Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64: I've searched the 'net for help but I just can't seem to figure it out. My computer reads that I have 6.00 GB RAM but only 3.37 GB is usable. I've seen that using x32 versions can cause this but I have yet to figure out why my x64 version is doing this. Would anyone kindly...
  9. windows memory diagnostic

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows memory diagnostic: howdy, couple days ago ran win 10 built in memory diagnostic tool to find every boot its in taskbar, cant double click/right click on it as nothing happens, have to use task manager to stop it, checked startup/task scheduler but its not set to run every time pc runs, how do i...
  10. Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64

Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64: I installed W10 TP as a VM under Oracle VB on two computers. 32 bit on one and 64 bit on the other. Both work very well and are reasonable quick as a VM. I decided I wanted to run it direct, so did a Macrium backup of my Acer laptop then did an upgrade using a mounted 64...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows memory diagnostic w10

2. windows memory diagnostic not installed