Windows 10: Windows Message Nudge?

Discus and support Windows Message Nudge? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi ALL, What is a "Windows Message Nudge?" Why am I asking? Due to a failed boot drive I had to do a clean install of Win 10 on a new clean boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gerryex, Jan 24, 2018.

1. gerryex Win User

Windows Message Nudge?

Hi ALL,

What is a "Windows Message Nudge?"

Why am I asking? Due to a failed boot drive I had to do a clean install of Win 10 on a new clean boot drive. It actually went relatively smoothly and after installing all my programs I'm just about back to where I was. Note that all my data was on a secondary HDD and also backed up so I lost no data.

The only problem I'm having is once in a while I hear a sound but it does not seem to be associated with any on screen activity. In fact the sound sometimes occurs when there is no activity on the screen. I listened to all the standard Windows sounds and determined that it is the sound called Windows Message Nudge. Initially it was assigned to the Program Event also called Windows Message Nudge so I set the sound for that event to "none" and thought that would stop the random sound. But I still get the sound even though the event is set to none.

So something is still triggering the Windows Message Nudge sound and I'm asking for advice in how to track this down and stop the random sound. Just in case anyone asks I have Norton Security watching out for viruses and also did a scan with Malwarebytes and both were negative.

Thanks,
    Gerry

:)

gerryex, Jan 24, 2018

2. Restored Down Windows

I'd like to have a specific size for all windows that are restored down, and I'd like them to always restore down to the top right of my screen; how can I do this?

Message Man, Jan 24, 2018
  3. N73 me safety code

To continue my discussion, the guarantee does not cover all issues, but to me the safety is very important feature of the phone and I even bought additional security program software for n73 to keep it safe.

Errors of Symbian OS should go under guarantee. I can not keep formatting the phone all the time. What's the point in using safety codes if you can not rely on it to be secure ?

Reason for sending it to service via service provider (Elisa Shopit in Jyvaskyla, Finland) is simple, I want to have better devices and help Nokia locate problems.

Regards, Mikko

message---01, Jan 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Message Nudge?

- sorry, I'm not answering your actual question...

You could have avoided the need for a clean install and saved a great deal of time if you used disk imaging routinely. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage.

We constantly urge users to use this and all regular contributors here do so.

If you have a Windows disk image, you can quite easily restore your image to a new disk, or the existing one - if working- to recover e.g. from ransomware, unbootable PC, uncorrectable problem etc and have your PC working as it was when the image was created. Same for any disk or partition. All quite quickly and without technical help.

As regards the sound- does it still occur after a clean boot?

dalchina, Jan 24, 2018
  5. gerryex Win User
    Hi, I'm aware that there are programs that can save a disk image and then be used to restore that image onto a clean disk. Unfortunately I had not been using any and will look into using one in the future. Also I kind of wanted to do a clean install anyway just to get a nice and fresh start!

As far as the sound, my routine is to turn off the PC when not in use for a while and overnight. So it is booted up each day and sometimes more than once a day and yes this sound does occur after a clean boot. But it only occurs maybe once an hour or so and at random times. But I never see anything on the screen that could be associated with the sound. Sometimes there is nothing on the screen and I hear the sound. I know there area a lot of background programs and services running and possibly one of them is making the sound but I have no idea how to look for the program that is making the sound so I can stop it.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Gerry

gerryex, Jan 24, 2018
  6. I also know nothing of this type of problem.
    I did do a little Googling and found some information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(instant_messaging)

What is Windows Message Nudge.wav and How to Fix It? Virus or Safe?

It seem like many things can cause this problem. Be aware of any scans a website offers.

If it was my computer I would run sfc /scannow from the cmd prompt and see what results I get.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Message Nudge?

1. Windows Message Nudge? - Similar Threads - Message Nudge

2. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  3. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  4. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the...
  5. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the...
  6. Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...: MessagePurchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 a month but as of today it has not been applied to my laptop.My bank account has been debited $1.99.for the for the first month. Please look into this.Thank you,LSG...
  7. Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...

Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...: MessagePurchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 a month but as of today it has not been applied to my laptop.My bank account has been debited $1.99.for the for the first month. Please look into this.Thank you,LSG...
  8. Why all of a sudden do I keep getting this message?? I also get it when I connect my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all of a sudden do I keep getting this message?? I also get it when I connect my...: This keeps coming up on my tower PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-all-of-a-sudden-do-i-keep-getting-this-message/f7dd5bf5-4d30-49b8-8948-37a8446f4c92
  9. Why all of a sudden do I keep getting this message?? I also get it when I connect my...

Why all of a sudden do I keep getting this message?? I also get it when I connect my...: This keeps coming up on my tower PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-all-of-a-sudden-do-i-keep-getting-this-message/f7dd5bf5-4d30-49b8-8948-37a8446f4c92
  10. I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...: My PC is locked up. Says it is Windows defender security center and to call 1-888-318-9325. I'm sure it's a scam but how do I get out of it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nudge message

2. windows 10 message nudge