Windows 10: Windows minimising when I click anywhere inside

Discus and support Windows minimising when I click anywhere inside in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a certain period of time of having certain programs (including Notepad++ and Inkscape among others) open, coming back to and clicking anywhere in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jan 4, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Windows minimising when I click anywhere inside

After a certain period of time of having certain programs (including Notepad++ and Inkscape among others) open, coming back to and clicking anywhere in that window causes it to immediately minimise, as though I'd clicked on the window that is actually behind it. Using a keyboard shortcut to bring up a Save As box lets me interact with that box but as soon as it's gone, I continue to have the problem and the only solution is to close the program and re-open it again. The time needed for the program to be open seems to vary from 30 minutes to several hours. It has not happened whilst I've been actively using one of the programs but when I've used some other windows and come back to it.

Does anyone else recognise this problem?

OS: Win 10 Pro 64-bitMainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, board revision 1.04, BIOS v3501CPU: Intel i7 6700, Stock HSF, Undervolt Offset -0.075 V, VCCIO 1.16 V, System Agent 1.15 V, LLC 4 (all core enhancement DISABLED)RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15), XMPGraphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 w/ 2 GBSys Drive: Samsung Evo 750 SSD, 250 GBData Drives: OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 60 GB; WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0, ~1 TB; WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0, ~2 TB; WDC WD2002FAEX-00MJRA0, ~2 TB; RAID 0, ~300 GB [Maxtor 6B160MO x 2]PCI-E SATA expansion: IOCREST SATA III 4-port PCI-e (SI-PEX40064)PSU: XFX TS 750W (P1-750S-NLB9)Bluetooth: Parani UD100 Bluetooth USB Adapter

:)

THX1138, Jan 4, 2018
  2. CA2015 Win User

Edge closes when minimising

Often when I am minimising Edge (either through the right click minimise, or it's own minimise button), Edge will close instead of minimising.

Also, Edge will often close when I am minimsing or maximising an open window of File Explorer.

I have Windows 10, 64 bit, no Pen/Touch display.

Edge Version 25.10586.0.0

Anyone else having this issue/know of a fix?

Cheers

CA2015, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Tigheye Win User
    Windows 10 tiles do not appear at the front of all the open windows when clicked from the taskbar

Windows 10 tiles do not appear at the front of all the open windows when clicked from the taskbar

I have to minimise the front window the see the one I have clicked on from the taskbar

Tigheye, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows minimising when I click anywhere inside

1. Windows minimising when I click anywhere inside - Similar Threads - minimising click anywhere

2. Occasionally Unable to Click Anywhere Except Inside of 1 or 2 Applications. Only fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasionally Unable to Click Anywhere Except Inside of 1 or 2 Applications. Only fixed...: Hello,I've been dealing with this issue periodically for the past few months. Occasionally, when my laptop has been unused for a few minutes, I will be unable to click anywhere outside of the window it is currently focused on when I come back to it. I'm usually unable to...
  3. Occasionally Unable to Click Anywhere Except Inside of 1 or 2 Applications. Only fixed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasionally Unable to Click Anywhere Except Inside of 1 or 2 Applications. Only fixed...: Hello,I've been dealing with this issue periodically for the past few months. Occasionally, when my laptop has been unused for a few minutes, I will be unable to click anywhere outside of the window it is currently focused on when I come back to it. I'm usually unable to...
  4. Occasionally Unable to Click Anywhere Except Inside of 1 or 2 Applications. Only fixed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix windows 10 taskbar click not working? When I click on taskbar anywhere but it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix windows 10 taskbar click not working? When I click on taskbar anywhere but it...: When I click on taskbar anywhere like wifi can icon or cortona or window Button etc but it doesn’t work full taskbar is not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-windows-10-taskbar-click-not-working/17c61971-6ddf-4bca-851d-e1e155318835
  6. Cannot click anywhere except taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot click anywhere except taskbar: Occasionally, and I don't know why, my laptop becomes unable to interact with anything except the taskbar. I can still scroll on windows, and if I hover over buttons in the taskbar I can interact with the close popup, but otherwise nothing. It also prevents me from clicking...
  7. Way of minimising windows without clicks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way of minimising windows without clicks?: Is there a way of minimising a window and only THEN highlight that window button on the taskbar? I have looked up ways of minimising windows but none of them solve the problem I have. I have two monitors and was recording a screen stream from monitor 2 when somebody else...
  8. When I left click anywhere a search bar appears

When I left click anywhere a search bar appears: When I left click anywhere on my screen using my laptop mouse pad and buttons, be it in a document, on the web, on desktop, anywhere. A search window appears in the bottom left of my screen, it has recently saved files, all my accounts linked to my computer, recent activity,...
  9. When window is on top, can't click anywhere else

When window is on top, can't click anywhere else: When I have a window that stays on top e.g. Task Manager, no where else on the screen will respond to mouse clicks; not the task bar, start button or any other window on the screen. The only thing I can do is to minimize the window on top, or alt tab, but sometimes I need to...
  10. When I minimised the browser won't steam music

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I minimised the browser won't steam music: When I minimised the browser won't steam music. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-minimised-the-browser-wont-steam-music/5f9db909-a7da-4be3-a437-4a543feeb129