Windows 10: Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

Discus and support Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected' in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a Samsung Odyssey HMD, and I have spent 20+ hours trying to get it to work without success. When I plug it in, Mixed Reality Portal opens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidinAU, Jul 15, 2018.

1. DavidinAU Win User

Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

I purchased a Samsung Odyssey HMD, and I have spent 20+ hours trying to get it to work without success.

When I plug it in, Mixed Reality Portal opens, and all the initial checks are green, but when I click next it just says 'Make sure your display cable is connected'.

The HMD is connected to the HDMI out on graphics card, which is definitely working, and USB3.0 or USB3.1 ports in rear of computer.

I have also tried the HMD in display port using a 4k displayport to HDMI adapter.

I have also tried using a USB3.0 powered hub with 900mA output per port.

Every combination has the same result.

All windows updates installed.

All drivers up to date.

I also tried a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Home, did all windows update and installed latest Nvidia driver.

I have tried various combinations of older Nvidia drivers that people suggested online, and tried uninstalling Physx and 3D vision drivers.

Played around with different bios settings (e.g. turned iGPU on/off).

I came to the conclusion that the HMD was faulty, but when I tried connecting it to a computer at a gaming cafe it didn't give me the same error! (It got through to a different screen saying the software could not be downloaded, which I assume was because I didn't have rights to install it on the gaming cafe PC).

I am really hoping someone can help because I am at my wits end with this thing. I get very little free time outside of work and I have wasted so much of it trying night after night. I am close to smashing it to pieces. Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected' :(

Computer specs:

i5 6600k

Asus Z170-AR motherboard

8GB Gskill ram

MSI GTX 980ti

A few SSD for OS and games and 3.5" drives for other media.

Windows 10 Home

:)

DavidinAU, Jul 15, 2018

2. Samsung's Odyssey Headset is New Leader in Windows Mixed Reality

Last week, images of Samsung's upcoming Windows Mixed Reality headset known as Odyssey were leaked to the Internet. Earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed these leaks by listing the headset for preorder on their own store with product images, as well as a list of specifications that indicate the Oddysey offers superior hardware and features compared to its competition. The new headset boasts OLED displays with a resolution of 1440x1600 per eye, higher than other Windows Mixed Reality headsets as well as both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. In addition to the extra pixels to combat the screen-door effect commonly noticed in VR headsets, the OLED technology is expected to provide improved low persistence, resulting in a sharper image and less blurring with movement compared to LCD-based headsets. In addition, Odyssey is the first Windows Mixed Reality headset to feature built-in audio in the form of integrated headphones. These improvements, combined with hardware interpupillary distance adjustment and a wider field of view (up to 110°) on par with the Vive and Rift, help it stand out from its direct competitors.

Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality platform is set to be released alongside the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update on October 17th, and provides a software platform for immersive virtual reality and augmented reality headsets from various manufacturers including Samsung, Dell, Acer, HP, and Lenovo, as well as Microsoft's own HoloLens project. These headsets will come at various price points ranging from $399 to $599 USD. Microsoft's listing puts the Samsung Odyssey's price at $500 USD including motion controllers, which interestingly puts the headset in competition with the Oculus Rift, despite Samsung's partnership with Oculus on the mobile-powered Gear VR. Microsoft has since taken down the listing, but the page is archived.

Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected' aiCsl7xMitDGaaa8_thm.jpg

Sources: RoadtoVR, Microsoft

Papahyooie, Jul 15, 2018
  3. dbreviu Win User
    Mixed Reality "Check your display cable"

I have an Acer AH100 mixed reality developer edition headset. Initially it worked great with the preview build, and the fall creators update release. After the first month, it intermittently stopped recognizing the device. Uninstalling the mixed reality
    portal and switching USB ports usually fixed the issue, however a couple weeks ago it has stopped working completely.

I have a clean install of Windows 10, the device is listed under "Mixed Reality devices" in Device Manager, and I have "You're good to go" in the mixed reality portal, however I cannot get past the "Check your display cable - Make sure your headset's display
    cable is plugged in correctly" screen. The HDMI port on my graphics card works when plugging in another monitor, I am at a loss as to why my headset no longer functions. Has anyone else experienced this?

Running Windows 10 Build 16299.125

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

dbreviu, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

Mixed reality portal can not open but headsets working fine

Hi,

Mixed Reality is now available in Windows 10. It combines the thrill of virtual reality mixed with augmented reality in gaming, travel, & streaming. To troubleshoot your issue, follow the steps below:

• Check to make sure that the HDMI cable is plugged in all the way.
    • If you're using extension cables, try removing them.
    • If you're using an HDMI adapter (e.g. a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter), please try connecting the adapter to your PC before connecting the headset to the adapter.
    • Make sure the HDMI adapter supports HDMI 2.0. See Recommended adapters for Windows Mixed Reality for more details.
    • Check to make sure the USB cable is plugged into a USB 3.0 or faster port. USB 3.0 ports have SS (Super Speed) written next to them. They are often (but not always) colored blue.
    • Try your PC's HDMI port with a PC monitor. Some PCs may have more than one HDMI port, and not all of them may be active.
    • If your PC has both an integrated graphics processing unit (iGPU) and a discrete graphics processing unit (dGPU), make sure that you are plugged into your dGPU's HDMI port.

For more troubleshooting steps, check this link for
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

1. Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected' - Similar Threads - Mixed Reality Samsung

2. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  4. Mixed Reality Portal and multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Mixed Reality Portal and multiple displays: Lately, I've started having issues with a secondary VGA display when I launch Mixed Reality Portal. What happens is how I see in the menu accessed by pressing Win+P how it says 'Extend' rather than 'PC screen only' after I launched Mixed Reality Portal. Even when I still...
  5. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset: Today, Samsung is refreshing its Windows Mixed Reality headset with some much-needed improvements. The newly announced HMD Odyssey+ is a successor to Samsung’s popular Windows Mixed Reality. This refreshed model comes with some minor tweaks to improve the virtual reality...
  6. New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality: [ATTACH] Samsung has announced a new advanced display technology for the HMD Odyssey+, bringing true-to-life visuals to its entry in the Windows Mixed Reality space that delivers an improved life-like and immersive experience. To push visual boundaries, the headset has...
  7. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online: Samsung’s new VR headset powered by Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is set to launch sooner than expected as the South Korean giant has accidentally published the product page. First spotted by a Reddit user, the details of Samsung HMD Odyssey+ were revealed on the...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help

Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help: [IMG]Hey, I have recently acquired a Dell Windows Mixed Reality visor. After 4 days, I have not been able to get the thing set up. After running the WMR portal, it tells me to check my display cable. If I plug the visor into my HDMI out port it shows up as a monitor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung odyssey check display cable

2. samsung odyssey how to change cable

3. odyssey make sure your display cable is plugged in properly

4. samsung odyssey minidisplayport,
  5. make sure your headsets display cable is plugged in correctly odyssey,
  6. check your display cable samsung odyssey,
  7. download samsung odyssey mixed reality device driver