Windows 10: windows modules installer worker..what is it?

Discus and support windows modules installer worker..what is it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Sep 30, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

windows modules installer worker..what is it?

so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do?

:)

xraiderv1, Sep 30, 2016

2. Process Windows Modules Installer Worker is taking up lots of disk usage nstartup

Oh, and also, Action Center notifications pop up and Action Center does not open. The only way to close the notifications is by clicking the Action Center icon (and then they reappear a few minutes later.)

LunarHydra, Sep 30, 2016
  3. garybear89, Sep 30, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

From what I can find online, it is related to processing updates from Windows Store and Windows Update. Apparently, it can sometimes consume excessive system resources, especially CPU. The most common fix seems to be a restart. It also associated with tiworker.exe, about which not much detailed info is available either (e.g. What is TiWorker.exe?). Are you having some kind of problem, or are you just curious?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 30, 2016
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    well, three days, three updates, including an hour long stint on 'working on updates, please do not turn off your computer'

xraiderv1, Oct 1, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    If your system has been downloading or processing updates, that's not unexpected. But yes, that's a lot of time and activity. Is there a question there somewhere? If so, please forgive me: I must have missed it.
    Best of luck with your update processing going forward,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 5, 2016
  7. xraiderv1 Win User
    yeah you answered my question. thanks.

xraiderv1, Oct 9, 2016
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

and the problem is back, excessive windows modules installer worker activity. did they break this thing again?

xraiderv1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows modules installer worker..what is it? - Similar Threads - modules installer worker

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES: I CANT EVEN END THESE TWO TASKS AND THEY WERE RUNNING FOR LIKE 2 HOURS STRAIGHT I NEED A EXPLANATION NOW AND I NEED TO DISABLE THESE NOWWWW. I TRIED ENDING PORCESS TREE THEN ALSO IT SAYS ACESS DENIED I WANT TO DISABLE THIS...
  6. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?...
  7. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  8. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  9. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  10. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows modules installer wtf is it doing