Windows 10: Windows Modules Installer Worker

Discus and support Windows Modules Installer Worker in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dlwmacgregor, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Windows Modules Installer Worker

I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker.
    The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning.
    I am running 14393.321.

I did some research and discovered I could run the Windows 10 Windows Update Troubleshooter which gives me the option of Deleting and re-downloading the Updates or not. I don't know how many updates it would delete so I'm not going to click on it until I get some advice.

Anyone have any advice on this or even seen this before?

Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Oct 19, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

windows modules installer worker

Right click the windows start menu icon and select 'Computer Management'

In the services section scroll to near the bottom, Windows modules installer, right click and Stop ?

'Mike P, Oct 19, 2016
  3. bill17TB Win User
    windows modules installer worker

how do I turn off windows modules installer worker

bill17TB, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Windows Modules Installer Worker

Update...
    I thought I would "check for updates" again and as soon as it was finished searching (and didn't find any) the problem disappeared.
    Wassup?

5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

It seems WU was still at work when you first opened Task Manager.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Actually I was doing something else (not using the computer) for quite a while and noticed the disk drive light flashing furiously for over an hour, so I opened Task Manager and that's when I discovered it. The last Windows Update it did was KB3199209 on the 18th.
    Weird.

7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Sure but it also checks for new updates. Especially so when the machine is left idle.
    Hence the disk access activity, memory and CPU usage.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 19, 2016
  8. Windows Modules Installer Worker

So when the machine was no longer idle (when I manually checked for updates) it stopped its automatic check.
    Got it.

9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

That's it.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Modules Installer Worker

1. Windows Modules Installer Worker - Similar Threads - Modules Installer Worker

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES: I CANT EVEN END THESE TWO TASKS AND THEY WERE RUNNING FOR LIKE 2 HOURS STRAIGHT I NEED A EXPLANATION NOW AND I NEED TO DISABLE THESE NOWWWW. I TRIED ENDING PORCESS TREE THEN ALSO IT SAYS ACESS DENIED I WANT TO DISABLE THIS...
  6. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?...
  7. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  8. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  9. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  10. windows modules installer worker..what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer worker..what is it?: so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580