Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker Older Version

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker Older Version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Movie Maker Older Version. Hi All need help finding the right Windows Movie Maker, the one where you just added one picture and then audio,put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elvisthepelvis, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Windows Movie Maker Older Version

Windows Movie Maker Older Version.
    Hi All need help finding the right Windows Movie Maker, the one where you just added one picture and then audio,put audio in timeline then added one picture into timeline,then pulled picture to length of audio and saved as a video,or is there a free alternative, bearing in mind the audio is over a hour long and some of these free ones I have seen will not let you do this,need help as soon as possible,need to make the video today,sorry about this.
    many thanks.

:)

elvisthepelvis, Sep 29, 2017

2. windows essential 12 movie maker on windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing.

You may uninstall the application and then try to install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

To download movie maker, click on the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-Live/movie-maker

Firstly download it from the website mentioned above and then install it.

Refer (Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Sep 29, 2017
  3. BroPdub22 Win User
    Windows Movie Maker 2012 version vs version 6 (2007)

Will Windows Movie Maker version 6.0 (2007) work on Windows 10? I don't like the 2012 version of movie maker.

BroPdub22, Sep 29, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Windows Movie Maker Older Version

Windows Movie Maker:

Windows Movie Maker Older Version [​IMG]

You'll need to download and install the offline package of Windows Essentials from one of the links in the fifth reply here:

Windows Essentials 2012 Microsoft Offline Installer - Microsoft Community

Edwin, Sep 29, 2017
  5. elvisthepelvis, Sep 29, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Cancel the sign-in, you don't have to sign in to use Movie Maker.

(You may want to delete or replace your screenshot so as to not reveal personal info!)

Edwin, Sep 29, 2017
  7. Thanks Edwin,how do I delete Attachment.. or post..

elvisthepelvis, Sep 29, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Settings:

Attachments:

Select-Delete selected:

Edwin, Sep 29, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    The Windows Essentials 2012 offline installer is available in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from an archived copy of Microsoft's download page as it appeared on 19 Nov. 2016. The offline installer does not require any sort of login to run. There are some issues trying to install old unsupported software such as this, but Movie Maker can be successfully installed. More details and links in this post.

Now that windows movie maker is no longer there what do people use

10. Bree New Member
    Do not sign in when setting up Movie Maker, It is not required. Essentials includes other things like Messenger and Mail that need you account details to work, but Movie Maker doesn't need them. In fact, it's best to only install the Movie Maker/Gallery package, the rest are very unlikely to work properly with the latest Windows 10 anyway - in fact this is probably why the sign in got stuck.

11. Thanks Bree will look into it.

elvisthepelvis, Sep 30, 2017
  12. Thanks Edwin for the help to delete attachment and also thank you Bree for your help on the windows movie problems.My Windows Movie Maker says Trial version ?, now also says does not support mp3 files or wma files ?. The other thing is I am sure there are two types of windows movie maker ( attachment ) the one i am after is the one picture,one mp3 file add both,the one on the right is the one i am after the other i have used for several years to make videos with dozens of pictures and uploaded to you tube,please help.

elvisthepelvis, Sep 30, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

The Windows Live Movie Maker in Microsoft Essentials 2012 does not come as a trial version. I understand there are a number of look-alikes available with very similar names (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery). The true original Microsoft version is in the offline installer wlsetup.exe, still available from the Internet Archive.

14. Edwin New Member
    @elvisthepelvis

You are trying to add audio only first, it wants video or photos first:

Supported video/photo files:

Supported audio files:

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Movie Maker Older Version - Similar Threads - Movie Maker Older

2. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  3. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  4. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  5. movie maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    movie maker: Where is Movie maker on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/614c0c08-78be-462f-85a8-bf8fab537b7f
  6. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  7. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  8. movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    movie maker: Can I set things up so the movie restarts - i.e. runs in a loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/105acc25-3935-45da-afa2-dd05b9ed422d
  9. movie maker

movie maker: i was able to extract some of my files from my old computer window 7... I've got a new computer but does not have the movie maker...how can I load the movie maker from my old computer my new computer got a windows 10...
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. movie maker older version