Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since Windows Essentials is no longer supported, how would I be able to get Windows Movie Maker on my PC again? My mother "needs" to use it to burn her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bennyd, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Bennyd Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Since Windows Essentials is no longer supported, how would I be able to get Windows Movie Maker on my PC again? My mother "needs" to use it to burn her images to disc's for clients, however she has an older laptop that "was" slow as all get out, so I used my Enterprise LTSB from work to put on it, however, it obviously doesn't have Windows Movie Maker and all of the other "junk" they force on you.

I already got the Windows Media Player back on it by installing the KB3133819 Media Feature Pack, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Windows Movie Maker back on there...

If there is some other EXTREMELY EASY to use application that my mom would be able to use I would gladly check it out, however she's not computer savvy AT ALL. So it must be super simple to use...

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
    Ben

:)

Bennyd, Aug 21, 2017
  2. Bergsten. Win User

what is the alternative to the movie maker in windows 10?

what is the alternative to the
    movie maker in windows 10 ?

Changing the title

Old title – Movie Maker

New title- what is the alternative to the movie maker in windows 10?

Bergsten., Aug 21, 2017
  3. Srimadhwa B, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Movie Maker

Welcome to TenForums @Bennyd

Microsoft have removed all downloads of Windows Essentials from their servers, but the Internet Archive Wayback Machine has archived copies of the MS pages before they were removed. You can still get it from the Wayback Machine. See this post...
    Now that windows movie maker is no longer there what do people use
    ...which also includes a link for a more modern alternative called Shortcut.

5. Bennyd Win User
    Awesome, thank you very much for your response and the welcome message, guess I should have introduced myself.

I'm Ben, I'm new to all of these forums, but I had found answers to some of my other questions here and basically everything that I've found here as far as answers go for questions I have had actually works and hasn't had a bunch of people saying to download this, install that, use this... I seem to find straight forward answers/solutions on this site. Seems like a great community...

Thanks again for the response. I will check it out!

Bennyd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Movie Maker

1. Windows Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Movie Maker

2. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  3. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  4. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  5. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  6. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  7. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  8. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  9. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  10. Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does: Hello - I have been using Windows Movie Maker on my Windows 10 now upgraded to 11 laptop for the past few years. I have had the appropriate CODECs loaded and able to use MP4, MOV, etc files with both Media Player and Movie Maker. In mid-Nov, there appears to have been an...