Windows 10: Windows Movie Player

Discus and support Windows Movie Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not a happy lad. I have been using windows movie maker for quite some time but nothing recent. I have been away for a long weekend and made a honda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Sep 10, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Windows Movie Player

Not a happy lad. I have been using windows movie maker for quite some time but nothing recent. I have been away for a long weekend and made a honda goldwing charity function video, and fireworks. I set up win movie maker and set up video only to find, if I want to make video, I now have to BUY it. Don't we spend enough on our internet usage without having to buy what was free???? Its not like MS need the money!!!

:)

elbmek, Sep 10, 2017
  2. TJMac Win User

Problems with Media Player in Windows 10

Found a Windows 10 version on line and installed it. At this point, I have not found a way to access the Flixster folder to start a movie. Only way you view the movie is through Flixster. The movies are not in the Movie Folder. Flixster hides them.

Contacted VLC forum to see if there is a way to go through VLC and open a movie.

Setting VLC as the default movie player did not work. Opens in Windows Media Player anyway which I had reset as the default. W10 had a different media player set as the standard default within Movies & TV.

TJMac, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Gabe1972 Win User
    DVD player

What kind of DVD? A movie? Data?

If a movie, unless the laptop came with software for playing DVD movies you'll have to download and use something like the VLC Media Player. Windows Media Player used to play DVD movies, but they took that ability away with the version that Windows 10 uses.

VLC Media Player is free and it is used by millions.

Inspiron 15 here, too, though older (2013).

Gabe1972, Sep 10, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows Movie Player

There is an app with the same name (Movie Maker) but it isn't the one which came with Windows Live Essentials, that one will be integrated into the Photos app with the Fall/Autumn update.

Bastet, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Windows Live Movie Maker still workin here

Windows Movie Player [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 11, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Perhaps this will cheer you up then @elbmek. Movie Maker was part of Windows Live Essential 2012 which has now reached end of life and has been removed from Microsoft's servers. However, you can still find and download it from the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, it has archived copies of the relevant Microsoft pages. See this post for details and links.

Now that windows movie maker is no longer there what do people use

Alternatively, you could try Kari's suggested alternative called Shortcut, a free open source video editor. The link is also in that post.

7. elbmek Win User
    I tried 'shotcut' as its called on some site. Something was wrong, cant recall what, think it was that I could find the same as movie button *really. going to try link now

elbmek, Sep 11, 2017
  8. elbmek Win User

Windows Movie Player

I got a programme of mine working and it produced an excellent video. Kizoa. Its french and comes with a lifetime membership, it didnt cost much several years ago when I bought it, but it got lost over the years till I performed a resurrection.

elbmek, Sep 12, 2017
  9. elbmek Win User
    I managed to get 2012 downloaded but windows movie maker had been removed, stating updates only.

elbmek, Sep 12, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Are you sure you downloaded the right thing? From the archived copy of the Microsoft page you can download the Offline Installer - wlsetup-all.exe (130MB). This is the full Essentials 2012 package, including Movie Maker/Photo Gallery (they install as a pair).

11. elbmek Win User
    after I had opened that link, the boxes ticked were messenger etc, underneath these it said

Windows Movie Maker & Photos will be updated - but with no box

Anyway, I managed to open my kizoa software and made the video in there, it is actually even easier that WMM and has infinitely more features in the pro version.

On that score, I am happy again *Tongue

edit: downloading it again to get screen shot. this time I am getting already installed!! So did search, no windows movie maker found. checked photo gallery, only images, no links to movie or anything.

elbmek, Sep 12, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    So you have photo gallery installed then? As I said, the two are a pair and will be installed (or uninstalled) together. I get the same 'this program is installed' as you, but then I do have (and use) Movie Maker. See if you can find its executable with File Explorer. Look for...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\MovieMaker.exe

13. Steve C Win User

Windows Movie Player

I expect MM is already installed - just start typing movie maker in the search box.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Movie Player

1. Windows Movie Player - Similar Threads - Movie Player

2. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  3. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  4. Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4

Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4: Hello,Despite working fine just last night, I'm now unable to play any videos I have on my PC. It tells me it cannot play because the format isn't supported and gives me the error code 0xc00d36b4. Movies & TV has always been buggy for me, so I tried Media Player only to get...
  5. Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos: When I open a video in Movies & TV or Windows Media Player the first few seconds of the video plays only audio with a black screen on Movies & TV or only audio and a freeze frame of the video on Windows Media Player. On Windows Media Player if I set the video to repeat, the...
  6. Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos

Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos: When I open a video in Movies & TV or Windows Media Player the first few seconds of the video plays only audio with a black screen on Movies & TV or only audio and a freeze frame of the video on Windows Media Player. On Windows Media Player if I set the video to repeat, the...
  7. Media Player, Movies and Tv Missing codec. Read on for the solution I do not need an answer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player, Movies and Tv Missing codec. Read on for the solution I do not need an answer...: New Phone went to transfer pics and videos to recent new computer windows 11 and some of the videos wouldn't play. The missing codec prompt came up for me to buy for 99 cents at the microsoft store.Other answers suggested downloading VLC player, WITCH DID WORK, BUT, After...
  8. Media Player, Movies and Tv Missing codec. Read on for the solution I do not need an answer...

Media Player, Movies and Tv Missing codec. Read on for the solution I do not need an answer...: New Phone went to transfer pics and videos to recent new computer windows 11 and some of the videos wouldn't play. The missing codec prompt came up for me to buy for 99 cents at the microsoft store.Other answers suggested downloading VLC player, WITCH DID WORK, BUT, After...
  9. Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...: ALL THE VIDEO I PLAY USING MEDIA PLAYER + MOVIE AND TV, FOR THE FIRST 5 TO 8 SECONDS, ONLY AUDIO IS HEARD. WILL BE BLACK SCREEN NOT SURE WHY AND THE AUDIO WILL KEEP ON GOING FOR AWHILE BEFORE VIDEO COMES UP. BY THEN , MY VIDEO IS ALREADY ENDING...
  10. Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...

Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...: ALL THE VIDEO I PLAY USING MEDIA PLAYER + MOVIE AND TV, FOR THE FIRST 5 TO 8 SECONDS, ONLY AUDIO IS HEARD. WILL BE BLACK SCREEN NOT SURE WHY AND THE AUDIO WILL KEEP ON GOING FOR AWHILE BEFORE VIDEO COMES UP. BY THEN , MY VIDEO IS ALREADY ENDING...